Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Car Clubs

Old 01-25-2007 | 11:31 AM
Pyscolilboy17
Registered Member

Pyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud of
Default Car Clubs

So where are all the car clubs in Roanoke at. I really have no clue where to start looking and would it better to start my own car club?
Old 01-25-2007 | 11:47 AM
Cosmo
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo
Default Re: Car Clubs

There have been plenty of clubs to come and go over the years. It seems like they always start out small and just sort of die out, or they get big and then politics come into play, and they break up.

Start your own would be my suggestion.
Old 01-25-2007 | 11:52 AM
Pyscolilboy17
Registered Member

Pyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Cosmo
There have been plenty of clubs to come and go over the years. It seems like they always start out small and just sort of die out, or they get big and then politics come into play, and they break up.

Start your own would be my suggestion.
So you think if i start one, will many people on here join or what?
Old 01-25-2007 | 05:49 PM
cantseemyfeet
HOORAY BEER!!

cantseemyfeet has disabled reputation

I've been in two. Worst mistake. Car clubs are where good friendships go to die. If you start one, stay away from politics. Just do it for the love of cars and driving and find people that are the same way. good luck, bro.
Old 01-25-2007 | 10:55 PM
Pyscolilboy17
Registered Member

Originally Posted by cantseemyfeet
I've been in two. Worst mistake. Car clubs are where good friendships go to die. If you start one, stay away from politics. Just do it for the love of cars and driving and find people that are the same way. good luck, bro.
ok thx man thats all im doing it for i dont care about politics. i just love cars.
Old 01-26-2007 | 04:32 AM
rredontheheadd
wanna play?

rredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond repute

What kind of car do you have???? If you are going to start your own club you gotta do some planning first....such as deciding what kind of cars you would let into the club....when your meets would be....dues....etc etc....you can look around for a local car club council and get some help from them. Thats what i did....
Old 01-26-2007 | 04:37 AM
-JB-
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

I was in a club one time and they would get mad if I didn't wanna go to the shows. Because my car would win points at a show they would want me to go so the club could get overall points and try to be the best club there.
Old 01-26-2007 | 04:43 AM
rredontheheadd
wanna play?

rredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond reputerredontheheadd has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JBee99
I was in a club one time and they would get mad if I didn't wanna go to the shows. Because my car would win points at a show they would want me to go so the club could get overall points and try to be the best club there.
hmmmm....I dont think weve gotten that deep yet....been to a few shows but then winter came along.....DAMNIT!!!! But there werent any club points involved in the shows we went to....plus the classics won all the time anyways so we just went to have fun and support the other clubs in the area.
Old 01-26-2007 | 04:49 AM
Cosmo
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Originally Posted by Pyscolilboy17
So you think if i start one, will many people on here join or what?
I don't know. It's not a "if you build it, they will come" type of thing. Best thing is to get a couple of your friends together and just start a club. If you find someone else you like hanging out with, ask them to join.

If you go out really trying to recruit a bunch of people, inevitably you are going to get people that don't get along. Once that kind of thing starts happening, kiss the club goodbye.

A car club is a good idea if it's executed properly. Just keep it small, and keep it just people that are friends, and you will be fine.
Old 01-26-2007 | 02:23 PM
Heiss M3
Capitalist Pig

Heiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Cosmo

A car club is a good idea if it's executed properly. Just keep it small, and keep it just people that are friends, and you will be fine.
Exactly,
Keep it within bounds, dont invite "random joes"...and make sure your members are mature and not idiots. It all starts deteriorating when one guy claims his car is better or faster than the other guys car, etc...Then it just leads to idiotic racing and ultimately.....makes your club look like any other ricer-gathering. Heaven forbid!

Last edited by Heiss M3; 01-26-2007 at 02:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Car Clubs