Notices
Vendor Reviews Post and read reviews for ANY business vendor, including dealerships, that you've dealt with, positive or negative. This is open to anybody and everybody, not restricted to Sponsors. If you're looking for a vendor/service try asking in one of the Regional Forums.

Another Landmark Honda Post..Sales issue today

Old 01-27-2007, 07:11 PM
justint
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
justint has disabled reputation
Default Another Landmark Honda Post..Sales issue today

I am not on some sort of crusade against Landmark Honda, they just happen to be the closest dealer to my house. I went there today to look at Accords as I am considering selling the Prelude and getting something newer and a bit bigger.

Well I drive up and a sales guy approaches me. An older Indian/Pakistani/something guy. I ask him if he has any manual used Accords on the lot. After a bit of stumbling he finds a 2006 ex 4 cylinder 5 speed with something like 13k on it and I ask to take it for a test drive. He goes in and comes back with the key and proceeds to set the alarm off. When he can't disarm it he get's really flustered, trys a few times and then keep saying something while cursing like "why does this happen to me". All the while not really talking to me. Finally he gets out and says "You can't test drive this one". I say something to the effect of "can't you just go in and get the remote and disarm the thing". After a little prodding he goes in and comes back with the key fob and the alarm issue is taken care of. Oddly enough he then just gives me the key for the test drive, no copy of the license or anything, he had no idea who I was just let me take the car. I have never seen that at a car dealer before, but that wasn't really the issue.

Test drove the car, noticed that it had belonged to a smoker before, but overall nice car with a few minor cosmetic issues. Price was about 19k.

I got back to the lot and parked and went back to the salesman. I asked him " okay I would like to drive a V6 MT now to compare and see what I want to do". He said "we don't have any, no", and then walks away. I ask him, I would drive a new one as well as used...he just walks away. At this point, I am wondering WTF I did to make this guy not want to sell me a car as this is the most unusual sales experience I have ever seen. Salesman are usually more than eager to find you what you want. I don't know if this is typical of thier sales staff..but they lost a potential customer today. This particular sales guy was rude, uninformed about his product, and singularly unhelpful.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:50 PM
-JB-
Fitty Tuckin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-
Default Re: Another Landmark Honda Post..Sales issue today

Originally Posted by justint
I am not on some sort of crusade against Landmark Honda, they just happen to be the closest dealer to my house. I went there today to look at Accords as I am considering selling the Prelude and getting something newer and a bit bigger.

Well I drive up and a sales guy approaches me. An older Indian/Pakistani/something guy. I ask him if he has any manual used Accords on the lot. After a bit of stumbling he finds a 2006 ex 4 cylinder 5 speed with something like 13k on it and I ask to take it for a test drive. He goes in and comes back with the key and proceeds to set the alarm off. When he can't disarm it he get's really flustered, trys a few times and then keep saying something while cursing like "why does this happen to me". All the while not really talking to me. Finally he gets out and says "You can't test drive this one". I say something to the effect of "can't you just go in and get the remote and disarm the thing". After a little prodding he goes in and comes back with the key fob and the alarm issue is taken care of. Oddly enough he then just gives me the key for the test drive, no copy of the license or anything, he had no idea who I was just let me take the car. I have never seen that at a car dealer before, but that wasn't really the issue.

Test drove the car, noticed that it had belonged to a smoker before, but overall nice car with a few minor cosmetic issues. Price was about 19k.

I got back to the lot and parked and went back to the salesman. I asked him " okay I would like to drive a V6 MT now to compare and see what I want to do". He said "we don't have any, no", and then walks away. I ask him, I would drive a new one as well as used...he just walks away. At this point, I am wondering WTF I did to make this guy not want to sell me a car as this is the most unusual sales experience I have ever seen. Salesman are usually more than eager to find you what you want. I don't know if this is typical of thier sales staff..but they lost a potential customer today. This particular sales guy was rude, uninformed about his product, and singularly unhelpful.
I would have went to the sales manager and complained about their shitty salesman and ask to have a better salesman and hopefully a nice discount for my overall bad experience with them so far.