Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Does any know how to replace a motor in a talon?

Old 03-08-2007, 01:21 PM
Pyscolilboy17
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud of
Default Does any know how to replace a motor in a talon?

I have a 1995 talon tsi and it is making the god awful rattle in the motor now.
I have a new 4g63 to drop in it, i just really dont know how to do it. I was hoping someone would help me out and give me some instructions or something b/c i dont have the money to pay a shop to do it.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:27 PM
FWDDSMKID
Registered Member

FWDDSMKID FWDDSMKID FWDDSMKID FWDDSMKID FWDDSMKID FWDDSMKID FWDDSMKID FWDDSMKID FWDDSMKID FWDDSMKID FWDDSMKID
Default Re: Does any know how to replace a motor in a talon?

Do you have any specific questions, i did a swap in a 1995 Talon last year all on my own so i might be about to help
Old 03-08-2007, 01:29 PM
Pyscolilboy17
Registered Member

Pyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud of

just anything and everything where do i start.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:36 PM
FWDDSMKID
Registered Member

FWDDSMKID FWDDSMKID FWDDSMKID FWDDSMKID FWDDSMKID FWDDSMKID FWDDSMKID FWDDSMKID FWDDSMKID FWDDSMKID FWDDSMKID

Best thing to do is pull the axles first then the harness and piping.
Once all that is out there are a few other things such as exhaust and things, i left the intake mani on and just removed the TB and everything infront of it.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:40 PM
Pyscolilboy17
Registered Member

ok so how would i get to the axles, pull the wheels off and do it from there? and where is the harness? see this is my 1st DSM actually my first import. so i have no clue really wat i am doing. i have been into to imports for bout a year now but just now getting around to buying one. i mostly worked on V8's. see i have put a 355 in a S10 but nothing like this.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:53 PM
FWDDSMKID
Registered Member

ohhh yeah this is going to be completely different. Yeah pull the wheels then most of the suspension is going to be taken off to get the axles out, then you have to unhook just about every electrical connector in the motor to get it out. Are you going to another 7bolt motor or doing a 6 bolt swap
Old 03-08-2007, 01:58 PM
Pyscolilboy17
Registered Member

7 bolt swap
Old 03-08-2007, 02:07 PM
FWDDSMKID
Registered Member

ok cool then yeah after you undo most of that the motor should be free and you should take off the entire exhaust side all the way up to the head. Then go ahead and hook the lift and start undoing all the mounts then see what else is holding it back and take it off as needed. And remember the clutch line thats somthing a lot of people forget and gets bents or ripped.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:08 PM
Pyscolilboy17
Registered Member

should i pull tranny out with it or leave it?
Old 03-08-2007, 02:49 PM
FWDDSMKID
Registered Member

leave it attached easier to put back in

Quick Reply: Does any know how to replace a motor in a talon?