Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

How many local motorcyclists?

Old 04-08-2007, 01:05 PM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default How many local motorcyclists?

So how many of you on here ride?

I'm planning to organize a charity ride/cookout/event probably sometime in late April or maybe May would be better, but I'm trying to get a feel for the best local places to get the word out other than all the local shops and dealerships. Obviously word of mouth is going to be huge, as I have a lot of friends who ride, and they have a lot of friends that also ride... but I'm looking for any forums that have active members locally, or any other good sources of getting the word out.

Last year the ride for St. Judes Children's Hospital was amazing! I think there were easily 300-400 bikes that went along, and we rode to Buena Vista and had great food, live music, and a good time in general. That ride was put on by Star City Powersports... I'm looking at doing a slightly smaller scale event, but I've organized other events before and it would be nice to do something on the same scale as what a large dealership was able to do. It was a great time, and I think it would be nice to start doing more things like this more often. I'm working on having larger local bike nights, so that's a start.

Who's in? Any ideas? Garen, you up for it this time?

The event may not necessarily be limited to motorcycles, but that's the primary target. Raising money for charities is a good thing for several reasons, one of which being that it helps keep the knucklehead stereotype away from local riders. Everyone thinks a motorcyclist is a nuisance or a menace to society, and that's not always the case.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:32 PM
GaRn
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of
Default Re: How many local motorcyclists?

May would be better, I gradieate in early May so no more schoolwork
Old 04-08-2007, 06:07 PM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by GaRn
May would be better, I gradieate in early May so no more schoolwork
I'm leaning towards May anyway. I might have some corporate backing so this is looking good so far....
Old 04-09-2007, 07:46 PM
GaRn
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
I'm leaning towards May anyway. I might have some corporate backing so this is looking good so far....
SCHWEET!
Old 04-09-2007, 07:47 PM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

So far I've talked to a few big names..... I'm really excited about this Garen.

We're looking at having live music, possibly a stunt show, food, etc
Old 04-10-2007, 02:31 AM
cashdime02
Registered Member

cashdime02 has disabled reputation

i know of a bike club that i could get in touch with, not sure of tha name but my dad is a member. i will get in touch wit them and let u know how to get with them
Old 04-20-2007, 07:42 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

Okay guys.... I've decided it would be more appropriate to raise the money for a Virginia Tech victim charity. Can I get some local support? I'm still working on picking a date because it's hard to say when I'm going to be able to get off from work, but I'm also working on getting local corporate support from radio stations and hopefully live music, etc..