Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

757 Import Scene

Old 06-22-2003, 09:24 AM
MI4nKuwait
My President's black

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait
Default 757 Import Scene

i know these questions has been asked millions of times but im going to ask it again..lol...

1. What do you guys think about the import scene in the 757?

2. What do you think is needed to improve the scene?

3. On a scale of 1-10 what would you rate the 757 scene?

4. Have you seen improvements in the scene in the last 2 years?

5. What seperates the Cali scene from us?

6. What area has the best scene and why? Some place you have been before.

I ask them questions because everyone says the 757 sucks..i mean to me imports just became popular down here in Southern VA. I mean it could be worst..you could be in Iowa or Montana or something..or stuck over in Kuwait..hahahaha..I mean Cali, i was out there...not in SD or anything but fresno and the bayarea and i mean i seen more rice out there on the streets than anything..i mean they have more shows and shit like that but i really, really didnt see that much of a difference but i was only out there for a month and a half.
Old 06-22-2003, 10:49 AM
Neo Xian Wu
Dont Be Scared Homie

Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu

1. The scene down here, like most of the East Coast, is pretty straight forward... more people are either goin sleeper or goin F&F/2F2F... it's either raw power or raw rice... but judging by most of the cars i've seen on the boards, people take the seen pretty seriously and have some nice rides wit power and style in mind.

2.Drop the "Fast & Furious" attitude... 200lbs of vinyl and interior color (unless tastefully done) should be eliminated... i mean, if you're not sponsored, why put all that shit on your car?

3. From what i've seen i'd give it a 7. Still needs some work.

4. The scene has gotten better... people have realized that stickers, intake, and fart can muffler don't make a 10sec car... lol

5. The Cali scene is all about crazy body kits and light swaps... the things i've seen are mainly jus body mods... people rarely do power adders... airplane spoilers, street plowing body kits, and dubs... no offense to any serious Cali tuners...

6. So far, i haven't really seen many other places besides the West Coast and East Coast, and i'm always down for the East... i jus think or style is better... don't need a $10k paintjob, graphics, and a kit to have a hot ride...

sorry for the long post, but had to voice my opinion ya know?
Old 06-22-2003, 12:33 PM
MORE IMPATIENT
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT
Default Re: 757 Import Scene

Originally posted by MI4nKuwait
i know these questions has been asked millions of times but im going to ask it again..lol...

-its just like any other place, you got the nice respectable , fast cars and then you have the pieces of shit.

-that people stop giving a fuck about the scene and do what they want without giving a fuck what other people have to say about it.

-i havent really been looking but id actually have to say yes.

-alot of land.

-no idea, i dont give two fucks about the scene, im into cars for myself and to have fun with my friends,if everybody stopped racing tomorrow id still want to go to the track on friday without them.......id like to add, that people that are worried about the scene are probably making it worse, cali aint shit, there just like here, they street race, they have shitty cars, they have fast cars, wow who gives a fuck , if you go to the race track because the first time you went to the track you had the best time of your life and your still going for the fun and yourself,then keep on trucking my friend because you deserve to , if your gonna stop dealing with cars becuase your friends stop or the people you think are cool have lost interest in it then you need to leave and never come back to the car world because you my friend are not an enthusiast, your a maggot........
my answers are under your questions.......
Old 06-22-2003, 02:23 PM
lolololol
registered derp

lolololol has disabled reputation

blah who?!! 757...aint that an airplane?
Old 06-22-2003, 06:53 PM
Twelvz
Registered member

Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz

1) People seem to be getting their act together, but still alot of dumb asses

2) maturity

3) people who I hang around with 10, average for area 1

4) same shit, those who are serious about performance are still widening the gap from everyone else

5) who the fuck is Cali and why do I care?

6) make what you will of your surroundings...see IMPATIENT's response...
Old 06-23-2003, 06:02 AM
MI4nKuwait
My President's black

MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait

oh cool responses. i was just wondering cause people keep saying our area sucks..i like our area
Old 06-23-2003, 06:12 AM
reXer
I'm not into cars

reXer has disabled reputation

People always say Cali is better... I think it just has more people doing the same thing. That means more fast cars and more rice. After looking at the track results for this area already this year, I can honestly say they aren't better... there's just more of them.
Old 06-23-2003, 10:25 AM
Skywalker
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker
Default Re: 757 Import Scene

It's pretty lame. You have alot of nice cars and alot of nice people. But there are just TOO MANY cars with primered/different colored body pieces, excessive vinyl, 4 ft wings on FWD cars, improper badging and many other assortments of tacky modifications. I liked my riced out Civic (LOL) when I first put it together (before the body kit fad blew up and before F&F) but quickly got sick of it. I couldn't stand owning/driving it. I don't see how some of the people in the 757 drive some of the shit I've seen.

More crews like Blazin Crustaceans. LOL Seriously, more unity.

The scene = 4. The only reason I rank it that high is because some of the people = 10 (No Name, some of Ultraspeed, and all the cool ass people I've met in the past 2 years down there).

Ummm no. I've only been into the racing side of things for maybe the last 4 years. And from what I've seen, the worst parts of the scene keep getting worse. 5 years ago I never would have realized there was a scene at all; but then you wouldn't see a million rustbuckets with APC taillights and seatbelt pads either.

Fuck the Cali scene. Only difference I see is that they have the best and worst of the scene on a much larger scale; and they've had it longer. The best scene I've experienced so far in the US is in Maryland. Shit up there is no joke!

MD - Hundreds and hundreds of cars at any given spot on Saturdays. Almost all are tasteful; and a large number are high dollar imports. You're not surrounded by 100 civics and5 cavaliers. You get to see Porsches, Skylines, RX-7's, Vipers, Ferraris, and a shitload of 3000GT's and Supras; there's a few 300ZX's out there too. I went to a simple college campus car show in MD and it was better and more fun than any other car show I've been to. They even had a dynojet there. Everyone was mad friendly.

NoVA - Definitely the best scene in Virginia. A little rice here and there but not gratuitous like in the 757. Lots of nice and helpful people and close to the MD scene. Everyone should check out the BK spot in Manassass at least once.

Philly - Quality of cars was not that impressive. But these cats were all about street racing. They had this one road locked down for HOURS! Non-stop dragging. Zero police harassment. Only "true" street racing event I can say I actually been to.
Old 06-24-2003, 07:24 PM
gear
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear

having been in the import scene for around 2 months, ill give you my views:

1) I rarely see any good imports, and when i do theyre not being driven by people trying to mod them, itll be an older women driving a Rx-7 or something along those lines... My car is relatvely ricey and I admit that, because i bought it that way... its getting a makeover... but i say its 75% rice and 25 nice%....

2)what is needed to improve, simply minding our own business.... okay so a cavilier has a fart tip and a wing, thats what he/she wants on their car let them have it... the scene would be better if we just enjoyed it for its inginuity... and ignore the stupidity...

3) I would rate the scene probably a 4 because its slowly getting better...

4) Improvements? thats a yes and no, becaues there are more idiots into it, but there are more people doing great things. I think its the magazines faults for so much crap

5) i think the scene over there is wack, it seems like its notthing but shops and all that F&F BS... east coast has always been underestimated...

6) I dont know which place has the best scene, because ive only seen the scene in 757... looks like theres some players up top who are playing hard ball...
Old 06-25-2003, 06:01 AM
lolololol
registered derp

lolololol has disabled reputation

how about we form a mass shadow government, and organize our own shadow united municipalities of southside virginia, in a desperate attempt to outwit what is the dark side?
then we could use our underglow kits as lightsabers and go kick some evil jedi ass or .......something...........yeah.

Quick Reply: 757 Import Scene