Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

I have a auto what can i do

Old 06-23-2003 | 09:25 AM
Pimpin

Pimpin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I have a auto what can i do

I have an auto Civic what can i do to make it fast without sacrificing the auto Trans. What add-ons can i add safely and swaps. Etc. ( I can't Drive Manual because of a Gun shot wound to my right arm).....

Help Me out Its A 94 civic.
Old 06-23-2003 | 09:28 AM
nickyroo
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

i think Ram makes a high performance torque converter for civics but get ready to pay somethin like $700.

i could be totally wrong though i just thought i saw one in summit for imports 6 or 7 months ago
Old 06-23-2003 | 12:32 PM
Skywalker
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

It will always be slow, or broken. Convert it.
Old 06-23-2003 | 12:44 PM
growley
Pre-"Crash" Member

growley growley growley growley growley growley growley growley
Default Re: I have a auto what can i do

Originally posted by Pimpin
( I can't Drive Manual because of a Gun shot wound to my right arm).....

Turbo it
Old 06-23-2003 | 12:47 PM
The Wok
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok

Originally posted by Skywalker
It will always be slow, or broken. Convert it.
Way to not read.
Old 06-23-2003 | 01:29 PM
DoC-JoneS
Doin' (today) stuff

DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS

Tq convertor, performance chip, B&M Trick Shift? Uhh?!?

I can tell you how to make a domestic tranny fast, but import trannies are not exactly my specialty... I remember seeing an article a while back in SCC on a Tq Convertor on an accord. think it may have been an H22 swap...
Old 06-23-2003 | 06:21 PM
LSPinoy
VIP

LSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these partsLSPinoy is infamous around these parts

stall convertor
Old 06-23-2003 | 06:26 PM
Skywalker
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

Originally posted by mstr22u
Way to not read.
I totally missed that part. Sorry.
Originally posted by Pimpin
( I can't Drive Manual because of a Gun shot wound to my right arm
Damn dude that totally sucks. Honestly, your best options are to convert it to RHD or buy a car that is fast w/ automatic transmission (300ZX, Supra, domestic muscle cars).

From what all my Honda-employed buddies have told me, the Honda automatic transmissions are WEAK and from my experience with them they just plain suck.

I would just buy a powerful automatic car, if that is an option for you.
Old 06-23-2003 | 06:33 PM
Skywalker
Atheist.

Originally posted by DoC-JoneS
I can tell you how to make a domestic tranny fast, but import trannies are not exactly my specialty... I remember seeing an article a while back in SCC on a Tq Convertor on an accord. think it may have been an H22 swap...
It should be the same concepts for imports. Only problem in this case is that the motor is weak as hell compared to the domestic cars you are thinking of. Kinda hard to adjust high torque shift points when there is no high torque. The money it would take to try to make that tranny quicker would be better spent doing something else. Then you have to worry about the tranny surviving any kind of serious power.

I could be wrong, but I believe the only thing a modified torque converter would do for you is set your idle higher (around 2K) so that you can launch better for drag racing. Not the best idea unless it is only for track use.

Shift kits installed in the valve body eliminates gear overlap to a certain degree and does make shifting alot quicker. Gears and shift points can also be adjusted, but you'll definitely want experts doing that.

The main problem you're gonna have is the tranny withstanding power. The honda tranny is just not cut out for it. My boy at Stateline said he knows somebody who blew 3 trannies trying to run a automatic turboed Honda. I think you should save yourself the money and heartache. What is your budget?
Old 06-23-2003 | 09:02 PM
Cell
missed....

Cell Cell

not to steal this thread or anything but how much would someone charge to tranny swap a car to manual, labor + parts. just a ruff estimate?

Quick Reply: I have a auto what can i do