Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Anyone own a small bike?

Old 05-08-2007 | 12:25 PM
dks2k
Registered Member

dks2k is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone own a small bike?

I know i probably should post this in the cycle folder, but since i am in richmond, thought more potential eyes would read this.

I can't pass my road test on my kawasaki 650R. for some reason, it is too big for me to handle on those slow exams. so i was wondering if i can borrow someone scooter or a 250cc type bike. I'll travel to your nearest DMV...
Old 05-08-2007 | 06:00 PM
GuNnErgOd
FTW

GuNnErgOd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone own a small bike?

Fuck the road test, take the MSF class. You might learn a thing or two in the process.
Old 05-08-2007 | 06:19 PM
MSeunos
TSSSSSSSSSSS

MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos

this may just be me, but it occurs to me that if you can't handle the bike right for the test, you probably shouldn't have that bike

Last edited by MSeunos; 05-09-2007 at 05:04 AM. Reason: there's no such thing as a bioke
Old 05-09-2007 | 04:36 AM
Acrytet70
Registered member

Acrytet70 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by MSeunos
this may just be me, but it occurs to me that if you can't handle the bioke right for the test, you probably shouldn't have that bike
+1
Old 05-09-2007 | 04:27 PM
Del La Sol 1320
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

for some people its hard but i don't think its a direct reflection of their skill, i've talked to a lot of people who i know can ride, and they couldn't pass it or had a hard time, personally i thought it was really easy on my F3, the entire test takes place under like 10 mph which is a lot harder than going 110 mph

i have a scooter but its not tagged, not sure if that matters, if you can your welcome to it, a baby could pass the test on that thing, if you don't mind riding something with a giant penis painted on the seat that is(payback for painting my other friend's scooter pink and gold)... i also just bought a bandit 400 off of a member on here which should be good for the test, i'm really busy lately with work and school but if i could fit it in i could meet you at the dmv downtown around the corner from me, that is if i get to take the 650 out for a ride while you take the test
Old 05-10-2007 | 06:15 AM
chowe
Registered Member

chowe has disabled reputation

Im in in the same boat, But im taking the class $130.
Old 05-10-2007 | 02:36 PM
KLDET
Registered Member

KLDET has disabled reputation

You should be able to pass it on your 650R, you just need to get used to it. Trust me I know the whole low-speed thing in the parking lot and tight turns is difficult on the sport bike setup, but honestly you will face those exact same conditions on the road at some point. You WILL have to take low ass speed turns and do weird shit on the road. Bust out some cones and practice for a day or two and you will get it. Learn to feather the clutch when in first gear so it doesnt jerk.