Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

dmv question

Old 05-22-2007, 03:35 PM
93civic
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
93civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default dmv question

well,

i dont have anybody i can ride up to the dmv with, so i can do the test and get my lisence. have you guys rode by yourselves in this situation?? could i pull it off?? my bike is insured and registered.

thanks for the help
Old 05-22-2007, 03:55 PM
seanazzy
Registered Member

seanazzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: dmv question

i rode myself up there no problem.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:33 PM
kwth8n
Registered Member

kwth8n has disabled reputation

me too. as long as the bike is registered inspected, and insured you should be fine. You only ride around in a parking lot. if they give you a hard time just tell them your ride left for work after riding with you there
Old 05-22-2007, 06:37 PM
93civic
Registered Member

93civic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kwth8n
me too. as long as the bike is registered inspected, and insured you should be fine. You only ride around in a parking lot. if they give you a hard time just tell them your ride left for work after riding with you there
ya, thats most likely what i was gonna do. ill keep you guys posted on the outcome.

thanks for the info.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:16 PM
JoseCuervo

JoseCuervo JoseCuervo JoseCuervo JoseCuervo JoseCuervo JoseCuervo JoseCuervo JoseCuervo JoseCuervo JoseCuervo JoseCuervo

That's exactly what I'll be doing this Friday, riding to DMV alone to take the test.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:11 AM
zx636skiv

zx636skiv is on a distinguished road

Good luck to both of you!

I remember when I got mine I rode up there by myself, but then again, I had been riding for 3 years anyway...just finally got caught without a bike license!!

Remember though, I used to lead by bad example!!!
Old 05-23-2007, 01:18 AM
JoseCuervo

JoseCuervo JoseCuervo JoseCuervo JoseCuervo JoseCuervo JoseCuervo JoseCuervo JoseCuervo JoseCuervo JoseCuervo JoseCuervo

Originally Posted by zx636skiv
Good luck to both of you!

I remember when I got mine I rode up there by myself, but then again, I had been riding for 3 years anyway...just finally got caught without a bike license!!

Remember though, I used to lead by bad example!!!
And that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid...
Old 05-23-2007, 11:35 AM
Quentin
beautiful struggle

Quentin has disabled reputation

Let me know how the test goes. I plan on taking mine in like a month. But as of now I dont even know how to ride but my bike will be home this Friday. And imma ride around for like 2 weeks or so then go take the test. You guys think 2 weeks of riding will be enough experince b4 you take the dmv test? I know the MSF gives the test after only 2 days? My regular license expires on July 1st and want to go ahead and get that M b4 the 1st.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:25 PM
tundrafiend01
Registered Member

tundrafiend01 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Quentin
Let me know how the test goes. I plan on taking mine in like a month. But as of now I dont even know how to ride but my bike will be home this Friday. And imma ride around for like 2 weeks or so then go take the test. You guys think 2 weeks of riding will be enough experince b4 you take the dmv test? I know the MSF gives the test after only 2 days? My regular license expires on July 1st and want to go ahead and get that M b4 the 1st.
If you can get a knowledgeable rider to spend a few hours with you in the parking lot, you should be ok. If they've taken the MSF course previously, that'd be a plus. Get them to show you the basics of clutch control, breaking, shifting gears, swerving, low speed turning, and figure 8's. Another suggestion is going to the DMV where you plan on taking your riding test and observe other riders taking the test. Once you get the basic idea of what you'll be tested over, go to the DMV with your bike after hours and practice on their course. Other than taking the MSF, this is the best advice I could conjure up. Get the basics down, and then spend most of your time practicing them in an empty parking lot.

Finally, don't be afraid to drop your bike, because it will happen. If you can, take as many of the plastics off as possible when practicing. It's a lot easier to take plastics off and on than repair them or get them repaired.

Last edited by tundrafiend01; 05-23-2007 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Added closing remarks.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:40 PM
kwth8n
Registered Member

kwth8n has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Quentin
I pmed you, if your local, id be willing to help you learn the basics of the test, of course youd have to ride your own bike though

Quick Reply: dmv question