Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

custom intercooler piping

Old 05-30-2007, 03:03 PM
BeefCake
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake
Arrow custom intercooler piping

I'm lookin to see if there is anyone in the nova area who can do some custom piping for me. I'm lookin at taking it down to Thermal (from this forum) in va beach to have it done but would like to find a local if possible so i don't have to trailer the car down 3 hrs each way. More than likely it's gonna be 2.5inch piping, i might decide to go with 3inch for the hell of it, dunno.
Can you or do you know of anyone who can do it for a fair price? I'll supply all the couplers n clamps n bov flange and the ic, all that is needed is the piping to be supplied and setup.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:20 PM
Kim Jong Illin

Kim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud of
Default Re: custom intercooler piping

have you tried any of the shops around here? like piper motorsports, ar fab, ultimate performance, ptuning, etccccccccccccccc
Old 05-30-2007, 03:22 PM
BeefCake
Registered member

BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake BeefCake

o yea i know about them, i was tryin to see if there is another entrepreneur who does it b/c i know the costs would be much lower. i guess i shoulda made that more clear.;other than the big local shops.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:52 PM
88mr2sc
Unconfirmed User

88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc

mike!!..........for what car??!!!????!!!!??!!!??

you sold the mr2 right? or did you just decide at last minute that you couldn't part with her?
Old 05-30-2007, 03:56 PM
BeefCake
Registered member

the guy who was buyin her and put the deposit down backed out since he couldnt get a co-signer on the loan n i've been having fun driving it in the nice weather now.
now i've taken the car off the road for a bit to do some upgrades.

Last edited by BeefCake; 05-30-2007 at 03:58 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:02 PM
Samuels
Registered Member

Samuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these partsSamuels is infamous around these parts

Take it to Thermal its gonna be much cheapier and he does very good work.. I drove from NOVA for him to do my 3" exhaust and saved me a good penny and turned out great.. I did my 1st set of IC piping on my old LS turbo myself with a sawzaw and couplers turned out great..
Old 05-30-2007, 06:52 PM
EVOV1II
Registered Member

EVOV1II has disabled reputation

IM SAVAGE at hybrid garage. He can do it and he does a good job. They have my EVO right now.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:30 AM
hwsurnk
Registered Member

hwsurnk

Hit up Eric @ AA Speed in woodbridge.He is a awsome fabricator and does not try to brake the bank either!
Old 05-31-2007, 06:14 AM
Silverbullet86
Registered Member

Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86

look for nova students who take welding class. They use the equip. for free, and can do whatever they want during class.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:37 AM
LivinDreamsDC2
Team Livin Dreams

LivinDreamsDC2 has disabled reputation

let me know, i can take care of it for you. i got to look at the car first,you got to let me know what size piping you want to run, what type of coupler and hose clamps you need, paint of jet hotted, tig or mig,bead rolled or welded ends, and etc

here are some pics

mock up

bov flang(port out once welded

2.5 flare to 3" down pipe

dump tube

all welded up installed and finish(work was done about half a year ago, "got the ok from customer to post pic")

Quick Reply: custom intercooler piping