Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Starting problem

Old 06-04-2007, 09:22 AM
S14Civic
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Starting problem

Hey...I have a 98 civic Ex and im having a problem getting it to start....the battery is fine and the starter is fine too...I took the starter out of that car and put it on my other civic and it worked fine.....when i turn the key it will make a clicking noise but nothing happens....wont try to turn over or anything....any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks
Old 06-04-2007, 10:31 AM
AllMyEx's
d-series

AllMyEx's has disabled reputation
Default Re: Starting problem

check the positive battery cable going directly from the battery to the starter, sometimes inside the terminals gets corroded and wont let enough current pass to turn the stater over.(use a set of jumper cables from the batt to the starter if possible for an easy check of this.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:24 PM
S14Civic
Registered Member

S14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond reputeS14Civic has a reputation beyond repute

alright thanks...ill give that a try later...if that doesnt work do u have any other suggestions? Is it possible that there is a bad relay somewhere? any idea where the relay would be because i was looking down there and i had no idea where it was
Old 06-04-2007, 03:26 PM
sprack
Registered Member

sprack is on a distinguished road

send me a pm on where you live...if its not too far, ill help ya out
Old 06-04-2007, 05:26 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Check the ground too, corrosion at either end can be a problem also. My GF's truck did something similar, and it was a broken terminal clamp. My WRX did that and it was ground terminal corrosion. On my friends' Maxima it was a corroded power connection (I had some choice words for Nissan at the time, horrible engineering on the power system)..
Old 06-04-2007, 05:48 PM
CHAHONDA
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

is the battery dead? may sound trivial but no one mentioned it! where are you located? i could possibly check it out.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:37 PM
S14Civic
Registered Member

I'm located in suffolk virginia.....the battery is fine....we ran a hot wire from the battery to the starter and the car started so i'm lost
Old 06-04-2007, 06:44 PM
CHAHONDA
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

Originally Posted by S14Civic
I'm located in suffolk virginia.....the battery is fine....we ran a hot wire from the battery to the starter and the car started so i'm lost
well im in churchland/portsmouth. if you want... get the car started again and drive the car to me. ill fix you up. a small fee may be required depending on the amount of work needed
Old 06-04-2007, 06:44 PM
tommasiphotos
Registered Member

tommasiphotos has disabled reputation

i was going to say it could be the alternator but since your battery is fine that may not be the case. Both of my cars did this last week and my truck is still not starting right.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:49 PM
CHAHONDA
corona connessuer

Originally Posted by tommasiphotos
i was going to say it could be the alternator but since your battery is fine that may not be the case. Both of my cars did this last week and my truck is still not starting right.
i can fix that too

Quick Reply: Starting problem