Notices
Other ARCHIVE Previous forum, cannot make any new posts.

Special Edition Sig P229 Pistol and Walther P-22 Pistol for sale..

Old 06-04-2007, 10:02 AM
93civiccpe
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
93civiccpe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Special Edition Sig P229 Pistol and Walther P-22 Pistol for sale..

Hello,

FIRST, the Rules:

You must be 21 or older to purchase a handgun. You must have 2 forms of Identification, and you will have to sign a sale contract saying you are legally able to own a firearm in the state of Virginia. (no felonies or etc). Any questions you can post here or PM me. I am looking to SELL these as I need the money, NO TRADES, NO TRADES, NO TRADES.

Now, the important stuff:
I have two pistols I'm having to sell for financial reasons.. gotta pay the bills. I don't want to have to sell either of these, but I do enjoy having a house to live in.

Anyways, the first firearm I'm selling is a Special Edition Reverse Two-Tone Sig Sauer P229 in .40 caliber. The reverse two tones (gunmetal body with black slide) were only made for a month, and are hard to come by. They are very popular and hard to get your hands on. The last one I saw being sold online went for over $1,000 and was with the stock sights. This one I immediately sent the slide in to sig when I bought it to have them put the factory Trijicon night sights on it.

The one I'm selling is Like New. I use that term in high regards because it has has exactly 25 rounds through it. I put 25 rounds through it slow firing / dragging a boresnake / breakdown & clean.. etc to break it in properly. After firing it, I cleaned it properly and lubed it, and it's just been sitting in its case since then because I haven't had the time or money to go shooting.

This gun cost me just under $1000 when it got this a couple months ago. The night sights and installation were another $180. I'm going to put this up for sale at $950 OBO. (PRICE UPDATE: $850 OBO). I'm somewhat firm on the price but if someone can come through with the money soon, I'd go even lower than that. If not, I'll just hold on to this because its value is only going up with time and I love this firearm. In my opinion Sig's are the nicest pistols you can buy, and I yet to find anything more accurate or well built than a sig.

NEXT:
------

Also, I'm selling a Walther P-22 (.22lr) pistol. ****SOLD SOLD SOLD****

Anyways, thanks for looking and PM me if you have any questions. I live in the Richmond/Chesterfield area and can meet up with anyone if you would like to check either (or both) of these out.
God Bless!!

Last edited by 93civiccpe; 08-02-2007 at 09:18 AM.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:38 PM
93civiccpe
Registered Member

Default Re: Special Edition Sig P229 Pistol and Walther P-22 Pistol for sale..

To answer a question in here so I don't get asked it over and over in pm's, yes I have sold firearms on here before. No I am not a dealer. Yes, I can provide references from where I've sold firearms on here before. No, I am not doing a background check, seeing as I am just a private citizen selling this, I just write up a copy of a for sale contract to protect both me and the buyer.

Also, Yes, I will completely strip down the firearm for the buyer if they so desire so they will know how to disassemble it, clean it, and re-assemble it. If you have any more questions then please pass them on. I'm going to try to have pictures up tonight, but it all depends on my finnicky camera.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:52 PM
drivn n style
where you want 2 be

drivn n style has disabled reputation

yes, i do agree that sig is one of the best made guns out there. i have a .357 and love it.

now, pm me where you live, i wanna check out the walther

i will be up in chesterfield on business june 18,19,20

Last edited by drivn n style; 06-04-2007 at 01:53 PM. Reason: updated
Old 06-04-2007, 02:22 PM
93civiccpe
Registered Member

replied... Another sig lover.. awesome. My other p229 I'll never sell, because I've put so many rounds through it and it just hasn't ever let me down. I would keep this one for life too (and may still if no one wants it) but I could use the cash to pay down some loans.

***Anyways, another fact I had forgotten with the sig p229. If you buy the .357 barrel for the p229, this gun can fire either round just by swapping out barrels. (The .357 is basically a .40 round necked down to a 9mm if I remember correctly, but the diameter of the round is the exact same so you can use the same magazines & everything, just need to swap out barrels. You can get that info on the Sig website as well).
Old 06-05-2007, 05:20 AM
93civiccpe
Registered Member

Pics will be up later today... my digital camera has officially kicked the bucket so I'm borrowing my friends camera today. Pics will be up later.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:27 AM
C45P312
teamULTRASPEED

C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312 C45P312

Could I ask how your sig is a special edition?
Old 06-05-2007, 06:31 AM
majette
Blactical Actual.

majette majette majette majette majette majette majette majette majette majette majette

please call me, very interested. 7573380098, thanks.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:21 AM
93civiccpe
Registered Member

Originally Posted by C45P312
Could I ask how your sig is a special edition?
Hey,
No problem. I definitely can answer that. Sig Sauer decided to do a "special edition" line for an entire year. Basically, each month they had a different promotion that allowed you to get a Sig in new configurations. One month they did the p232 (I think) in a rainbow-chrome type finish that you may have seen at gunshows. Other months, they included special laser attachments or memorabilia. For the month of July (I believe it was July), they ran a Reverse Two-Tone P229. They only made them for the month of July and therefore there was a limited supply available. It was just a special finish on a P229 that you won't see very often. Both times I went to the range with this I had people looking at it asking if I had it custom finished or if they could buy those regularly like that. You will be able to see the reverse two tone in the pictures that will be up later today, but for a quick description, the slide is black, barrel is black, hammer is black, but the frame itself is almost a gunmetal color and all the accents on it (decocker, trigger, grip panels.. etc) are black. It looks really awesome and very unique. As I said, the last one I saw go off one of the online auctions went for over $1000 with stock sights. (And that buyer would have to pay the additional FFL fee and state taxes added on to that). Not to mention, I have had the Sig 3-dot Night Sights put on mine. This pistol looks brand new, and you can't tell it's been fired, and it has the night sights (and the stock sights will be included), and it is for a good discount off of what they are going for now.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:23 AM
93civiccpe
Registered Member

Originally Posted by majette
please call me, very interested. 7573380098, thanks.
Just called and left you a message on your voicemail. I'll also pm you my cell number.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:53 PM
93civiccpe
Registered Member

****PICTURES ARE NOW UP OF THE P229****

Also, as you can see in the second and third picture, it was a JUNE special edition. Also, in the last couple of pictures the nickel color got bleached out by the camera I was borrowing.

I have someone coming by tonight who wants to buy the walther p-22. If by any chance that doesn't happen, I'll get pics of the p-22 up tonight as well. Thanks again for all the interest and once again, if you have any questions then please pass them my way.

Quick Reply: Special Edition Sig P229 Pistol and Walther P-22 Pistol for sale..