Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Car show on Williamson on the 29th?

Old 06-08-2007, 07:51 PM
ded
slo truk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond repute
Default Car show on Williamson on the 29th?

Anyone know about this? When I picked up my stuff from Wooding's Autobody, Marvin mentioned something about a show on the 29th, but I haven't seen anything about it. Oh, and the bumper/grille/centercaps came out perfect! I'll get some pics tomorrow after I clean up the truck.
Old 06-09-2007, 03:12 AM
TNGChris
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris
Default Re: Car show on Williamson on the 29th?

thats' the cruise-in/carshow every year around the 4th of July...usually has a pretty big turnout,with some cool cars.you should definitely check it out.
Chris
Old 06-09-2007, 03:15 AM
ded
slo truk

ded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond repute

Is it held anywhere in particular, or just all over Williamson? And I just noticed the 29th is a Friday, is it on the 30th maybe?
Old 06-09-2007, 03:35 AM
05GrayWRX
www.flat4va.com

05GrayWRX has disabled reputation

The "cruise" is on Friday the 29th and the car show is on the 30th. Maps and other info at http://www.starcitymotormadness.com . This probably should have its own thread.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:03 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by TNGChris
thats' the cruise-in/carshow every year around the 4th of July...usually has a pretty big turnout,with some cool cars.you should definitely check it out.
Chris
Already??? Holy CRAP!
Old 06-09-2007, 06:04 AM
ded
slo truk

"Your registration must be recieved by June 5th"

Well, so much for that. Guess I'll check out the cruise and the show, but doesn't look like I'll be able to enter. Sucks too, cause Mopar is the spotlight brand this year
Old 06-09-2007, 06:24 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by bad360rt
"Your registration must be recieved by June 5th"

Well, so much for that. Guess I'll check out the cruise and the show, but doesn't look like I'll be able to enter. Sucks too, cause Mopar is the spotlight brand this year
Try and register anyway... They may take late entries despite the notice.

The cruise is ridiculous. I don't have any interest in taking more than one lap ever again. I used to prefer participation over spectating, but now I'd rather sit on the side and watch.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:43 AM
ded
slo truk

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
Try and register anyway... They may take late entries despite the notice.

The cruise is ridiculous. I don't have any interest in taking more than one lap ever again. I used to prefer participation over spectating, but now I'd rather sit on the side and watch.
Yeah, I'm gonna try.

I'll probably do one lap and then park and check everything out. I did the Woodward Dream Cruise in Detroit last year, it was insane. Over 40,000 cars and something like 1.5 million visitors.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:06 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by bad360rt
Yeah, I'm gonna try.

I'll probably do one lap and then park and check everything out. I did the Woodward Dream Cruise in Detroit last year, it was insane. Over 40,000 cars and something like 1.5 million visitors.
Woodward

Woodward is much bigger, and much more exotic in every way, shape, and form... but Star City Motor Madness is pretty cool in a humble way. It's huge for Roanoke.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:09 PM
TNGChris
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
Already??? Holy CRAP!
no kidding...every year i plan to haev my coupe ready for it,and SOMETHING happens...every year.
Chris

Quick Reply: Car show on Williamson on the 29th?