Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Summit Point Hyperfest 7/5

Old 07-05-2003, 11:11 PM
The Barst
¿Señor Member?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Barst is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Summit Point Hyperfest 7/5

It was a BLAST! Most fun I've ever had in a car. I took the EVO out for 20 minutes of hot laps........WOOHOO that car is easy to drive fast. Brakes like a mother fucker too!

I started out half way back in a pack of 15 or so cars and passed everyone that started in front of me except the first and third cars, even managed to lap two cars. I had two 2nd gen RX-7's start right in front of me that were full race prepped with toyo ra-1's (not fair). I passed them on the second lap. Also passed a new Mazdaspeed protege, jetta vr-6, miata, a heavily modded wrx and a few others. Starting right behind me was another heavily modded wrx that hung with me in the beginning till we got past most of the slow traffic, but then I didn't see him again until the cooldown lap.

Also saw some cool drifting from Greaser
There were tons of nice cars there. The scene is 180 degrees from a dragstrip. I was in heaven....M3's, Porches, Ferraris, and Audis as far as you could see. Saw 3 STI's and 4 Evos, a few s2k's and supra's. Lots of nice nissans too. If you didn't go this year, put it on the calendar for next year.

I'll post pics in eye candy this week as I get time. I wish somebody had video of me ripp'n up the twisties. My tires were squealing their ass off!
Old 07-06-2003, 04:54 AM
ZoomZoomH
spin baby spin

ZoomZoomH is an unknown quantity at this point

are you the red evo that was passing people left and right?

I think I got a pic of you... or not
Old 07-06-2003, 04:55 AM
ZoomZoomH
spin baby spin

oh yeah, and road racing IS THE SHIT
Old 07-06-2003, 05:00 AM
Greaser
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

did anyone get any video of my embarassing drift practice? or pics? i drove a white 96 240.
Old 07-06-2003, 05:14 AM
ZoomZoomH
spin baby spin

did you run in the actual competition?

i think i took a pic of every competitor in the drift contest.
Old 07-06-2003, 05:32 AM
Greaser
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

nope.....didnt compete.
Old 07-06-2003, 09:13 AM
The Barst
¿Señor Member?

The Barst is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, I was the red EVO that was passing everybody......boy that felt good......road racing is the shit! Where were you watching from Zoom? I was tearing it up in turns 4-9. My tires were howling! I had never even seen that track before, so I was learning the line as I went.....still need lots of practice. If you got a pic, could you email it to me?

Sorry Greaser, no pics or video of the drifting practice. Honestly, the course was way to big for drifting, so it wasn't very impressive except for the 5 series bmw that hit the tire wall. I was talking to one of the judges during practice, and he said they were going to coat the Jefferson circuit with peanut oil for the competition to make it easier. Didn't get to see it or the roll over comp.

Greaser, your car is tight, I was drooling.
Old 07-06-2003, 10:37 AM
The Wok
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok

The 2 FCs drifting together=tight
Old 07-06-2003, 05:51 PM
Mr.2
i probably hate you

Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts

does anyone have any pictures of video of the guy almost getting hit by the camo 200sx during the drifting competition?

Originally posted by Greaser
did anyone get any video of my embarassing drift practice? or pics? i drove a white 96 240.
i gotchya. i need to load stuff off the digi and get the rest of my stuff developed.

Originally posted by The Barst
the 5 series bmw that hit the tire wall.
that was the guy with the yellow ferarri. hes got a 700hp mr2. the bimmer was a rental.

Last edited by Mr.2; 07-06-2003 at 05:54 PM.
Old 07-06-2003, 07:00 PM
Greaser
Registered Member

you talking about mike ko? last we spoke about the car its in florida getting a new motor and another standalone after i installed and tuned an SDS for him. in my hands it put down 360 something. according to him, he went in the next day and raised the boost and popped the motor. that was nearly a year ago.

mr.2 thanks for getting video. i have one but its on VHS-c tape and in maryland in a freinds camcorder. the angle was the best and it was a good drift but i dont think i'll be getting a .mpg of it.

Quick Reply: Summit Point Hyperfest 7/5