Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

wheel spacer

Old 07-07-2003, 10:00 AM
IC x Prince
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince
Default wheel spacer

I just bought a 20mm Hubcentric H&R wheel spacer from www.optauto.com

I have a 1996 240SX with 300ZX wheels. someone tell me I did the right thing. the little 5/16" wheel spacer wasn't doing shit (well bearley cleared my tein's) and the wheel studs were too short. has anyone used these type of wheel spacer before? thanks.
Old 07-07-2003, 01:21 PM
Greaser
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

you got me man, i've never seen or used those. i've heard they are good items. get some extended studs from nissan motorsports.
Old 07-07-2003, 01:27 PM
tubed4evr

tubed4evr is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 93 240 with the 20mm kit from H&R. I had problems with the studs they supplied. They never fit as tightly as they should have (you could wiggle them around when they were installed) I ended up having studs from Nismo overnited and they fit like a glove. I contacted H&R about the problem and had a long chat with an engineer there detailing the problem. Hopefully you will not run into the problems that I did. The spacers themselves are very nice pieces and I haven't had any problems since the install. Good luck man.

Ryan

Last edited by tubed4evr; 07-07-2003 at 01:31 PM.
Old 07-07-2003, 02:29 PM
Brssmnky
Mr. K's chauffeur

Brssmnky is an unknown quantity at this point

are you using the turbo or non turbo wheels? if it was me I would find some proper fitting wheels. I'm too paranoid to trust a spacer that size.
Old 07-07-2003, 02:41 PM
IC x Prince
Registered Member

IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince

i'm using TT wheels, but it's not the rear that is the problem, it's the front. those are the same size as the NA. but i hope the wheels studs fit, if not, I guess i'll be getting the same thing. nismo wheel studs. just incase, where did you get them from and how much were they? thanks.
Old 07-07-2003, 02:47 PM
Greaser
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.courtesyparts.com/nismo/240sx/index.html
Old 07-07-2003, 06:56 PM
tubed4evr

If Courtesy is out of stock (as was my case) you can order directly from Nismo. It's the same price with just one less pit stop in shipping. The # is (310) 538-2610. Hopefully you won't have to use it.

Oh and don't worry about the integrity of the spacers. I autox on them and they do just fine.

Ryan
Old 07-07-2003, 07:50 PM
IC x Prince
Registered Member

thanks ryan, you wouldn't to remember what you paid for them off hand do you?
Old 07-08-2003, 04:29 AM
Skywalker
Atheist.

Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker Skywalker

You can get the NISMO "Long Hub Bolt Set" from www.japanparts.com Prices vary per specs.
Old 07-08-2003, 08:23 AM
tubed4evr

When I got mine in December both the 50mm and 60mm studs were $8 a pop. Pretty pricey for studs.

Ryan

Quick Reply: wheel spacer