Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Popping clutch

Old 07-17-2007, 06:43 PM
Brock Obama
Srsly.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts
Default Popping clutch

I just replaced the transmission in my '90 CRX DX. After about a week, the clutch started getting this gritty feeling, more like a popping when I push and release it. When I push the clutch, I'll get a pop, then when I release it, another pop. I don't hear anything, just feel it in the clutch pedal. I tried adjusting it and I noticed that if I adjust it tight, the popping becomes more severe and frequent, and if I adjust it loose, I can almost eliminate the popping, but then it gets harder to put in gear. I also noticed that it comes more prevalent as it heats up. What's going on? It's pretty annoying!
Old 07-18-2007, 04:45 AM
CHAHONDA
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA
Default Re: Popping clutch

Originally Posted by XCELR8
I just replaced the transmission in my '90 CRX DX. After about a week, the clutch started getting this gritty feeling, more like a popping when I push and release it. When I push the clutch, I'll get a pop, then when I release it, another pop. I don't hear anything, just feel it in the clutch pedal. I tried adjusting it and I noticed that if I adjust it tight, the popping becomes more severe and frequent, and if I adjust it loose, I can almost eliminate the popping, but then it gets harder to put in gear. I also noticed that it comes more prevalent as it heats up. What's going on? It's pretty annoying!
did you grease the inside of the throw out bearing before you installed it? sounds like its getting hung up during engagement and disengagement
Old 07-18-2007, 06:36 AM
Dang Yo
Justa lil 6

Dang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the roughDang Yo is a jewel in the rough

also sounds like your clutch cable could be on its way out.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:29 AM
Brock Obama
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by CHAHONDA
did you grease the inside of the throw out bearing before you installed it? sounds like its getting hung up during engagement and disengagement
Yes, I did.

Originally Posted by Dang Yo
also sounds like your clutch cable could be on its way out.
Kinda what I was thinking...
Old 07-18-2007, 09:12 AM
sprack
Registered Member

sprack is on a distinguished road

good chance its the clutch cable
Old 07-18-2007, 07:43 PM
DORKO
Bearded.

DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO

what about the spring at the top of the clutch pedal?

thats like a 2 dollar part, my girls integra made the same noises
Old 07-19-2007, 06:34 AM
Brock Obama
Srsly.

Originally Posted by dorko
what about the spring at the top of the clutch pedal?

thats like a 2 dollar part, my girls integra made the same noises
It's not really a noise though, it's a feeling in the clutch.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:03 AM
krazdracer
Registered Member

krazdracer has disabled reputation

Stock clutch. Did you replace the pressure plate too??
Old 07-19-2007, 10:10 AM
Brock Obama
Srsly.

Originally Posted by krazdracer
Stock clutch. Did you replace the pressure plate too??
Yes, I replaced the clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing and pilot bearing.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:53 AM
DORKO
Bearded.

DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO

Originally Posted by XCELR8
It's not really a noise though, it's a feeling in the clutch.

oh? so you can feel it in your foot when you press the pedal?

Quick Reply: Popping clutch