Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

What should i do?

Old 07-18-2007, 09:01 AM
supraBoy
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
supraBoy has disabled reputation
Default What should i do?

Well today i was headed to work when a car came off the freeway and changed 3 lanes to basically get into my lane and i tried to switch lanes and brake and i ended up laying down and sliding. I dont think he knew i was there as he basically switched on me and he was pretty fast. I didnt know what to do so i switched lanes and brakes, thankfully no one was in front of me when i slid.

Thank god for frame sliders so the damage isnt that bad, but the guy that cut me off and almost hit me ran off, while everyone else stopped to help me up, off the ground.

As for my arm and left side its pretty messed up ive seen worst but it hurts.

Now i now my insurance isnt going to cover this accident, becuse there was no collision with the other vehicle, even though the other car was reckless and there were witnesess.

What should i do, does any one know a good place to get my bike repaired, i mean theres no cracks or major damage thanks once again to frame sliders but my fairing is scuffed.

There doesnt seem to be any mechanical problem, it was maybe a 45 MPH slide so i slid about 200 feet.

heres the damage thanks in advance.

*waiting for my freinds usb will uplaod soon*
heres the pics of the damage.

Like i said the damage to the fairing and so on wasnt that bad due to the frame slider and my leg being under it for the most of the duration of my slide.

But i looks like ill need a new clutch handle, left handle bar, and the yamaha motor cover at the bottom of the fairing.

besides that its all basically scrapes.

Last edited by supraBoy; 07-18-2007 at 05:34 PM.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:03 AM
69muscle
429-no boost needed

69muscle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What should i do?

sorry to hear about the fall...and f**k the asshole who cut you off...glad to hear you're ok tho...
Old 07-18-2007, 09:05 AM
Johnny Bravo
DayCrew© Dude

Johnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond repute

shitty dude... too bad wasnt able to get the plate or anything.

(for future reference.. wink wink nudge nudge)
Old 07-18-2007, 09:05 AM
supraBoy
Registered member

Originally Posted by 69muscle
sorry to hear about the fall...and f**k the asshole who cut you off...glad to hear you're ok tho...
thanks man, im really glad i had some frame sleders becuase it saved my lef and my bike from more sever damage and pain.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:06 AM
supraBoy
Registered member

Originally Posted by Boo Hnda
shitty dude... too bad wasnt able to get the plate or anything.

(for future reference.. wink wink nudge nudge)
no but i got the car desription and driver so if they catch him being reckless yah...

realistically i know nothing will happen to that asshole.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:29 AM
BentValve
Sorry. Not really.

BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve

Glad you're ok, maybe you could file a police report...
Old 07-18-2007, 09:46 AM
oNi
Urusai! Baka!

oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi

Damn man that really sucks to hear, the bad thing is the fact that the idiot in the car probably didn't even know what he or she did, fucking ridiculous how bad some of the damn drivers are. Hope you recover alright/soon.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:35 PM
supraBoy
Registered member

does any one have any recomendations on where i should go to get the items i need to replace?
Old 07-18-2007, 06:30 PM
cbucgo
Registered Member

cbucgo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by supraBoy
does any one have any recomendations on where i should go to get the items i need to replace?
go on ebay. shit even go to yamaha. www.mrcycles.com. they sell parts at wholesale. I've ordered parts from them for about 6 years. smokin deals there. you don't need much. buy a new: clutch lever, left fairing, tail section, bar end, stator cover, and left side pegs. couldn't tell by the pics but the upper might be rashed some, if so buy a new one.

here are your options: either buy new parts, once you get them, take your old parts off and sell them on ebay. you won't lose that much money since yours aren't too bad and then you won't be able to tell your biked was ever laid down. your other option is to take your fairings off, and do a custom paint job. since there aren't any holes or tabs broken that would be a simple take. then replace all other parts. only downfall to that is if you leave everything else stock, everyone would know the bike had been down because it has custom paint and no chrome or polish plus it would look pretty stupid. if you did the paint, i'd order some chrome wheels, swingarm, and polish the frame. but then again, how many 600r's do you see chromed out?

From one rider to another, GOOD LUCK on fixing your bike, and glad you aren't hurt very bad.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:45 PM
supraBoy
Registered member

Originally Posted by cbucgo
go on ebay. shit even go to yamaha. www.mrcycles.com. they sell parts at wholesale. I've ordered parts from them for about 6 years. smokin deals there. you don't need much. buy a new: clutch lever, left fairing, tail section, bar end, stator cover, and left side pegs. couldn't tell by the pics but the upper might be rashed some, if so buy a new one.

here are your options: either buy new parts, once you get them, take your old parts off and sell them on ebay. you won't lose that much money since yours aren't too bad and then you won't be able to tell your biked was ever laid down. your other option is to take your fairings off, and do a custom paint job. since there aren't any holes or tabs broken that would be a simple take. then replace all other parts. only downfall to that is if you leave everything else stock, everyone would know the bike had been down because it has custom paint and no chrome or polish plus it would look pretty stupid. if you did the paint, i'd order some chrome wheels, swingarm, and polish the frame. but then again, how many 600r's do you see chromed out?

From one rider to another, GOOD LUCK on fixing your bike, and glad you aren't hurt very bad.

thanks.