Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Help me find a hotel...

Old 07-22-2007, 09:34 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Help me find a hotel...

As I've said a hundred times, I'm finally coming back to Virginia Beach.. I'll be heading down Monday afternoon/evening, and depending on my accomodations, I'll be leaving after the show (Warped) on Tuesday and heading back, or (preferably) staying Tuesday night and leaving on Wednesday to head back to Roanoke.

I've been trying to find a hotel that's not a 30+ minute drive to the amphitheater, and all I'm finding are like $200+/night hotel rooms. Most of them are considerably more than that. My girl will be with me... and we want a decent place, but I can't break the bank right now on a room for a night or two. Can anyone suggest a good place to stay relatively local to the amphitheater? Ideally, $150/night or less would be fantastic. I stayed at the fucking Hilton in Washington D.C. for like $88 + tax just last weekend. VB is expensive! lol
Old 07-22-2007, 09:46 AM
CivicRenModelX
CRX

CivicRenModelX has disabled reputation
Default Re: Help me find a hotel...

Try hotels in Chesapeake - Greenbrier ones are the best. Zip for it is 23320
Old 07-22-2007, 09:58 AM
Flinch
Desolation

Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
As I've said a hundred times, I'm finally coming back to Virginia Beach.. I'll be heading down Monday afternoon/evening, and depending on my accomodations, I'll be leaving after the show (Warped) on Tuesday and heading back, or (preferably) staying Tuesday night and leaving on Wednesday to head back to Roanoke.

I've been trying to find a hotel that's not a 30+ minute drive to the amphitheater, and all I'm finding are like $200+/night hotel rooms. Most of them are considerably more than that. My girl will be with me... and we want a decent place, but I can't break the bank right now on a room for a night or two. Can anyone suggest a good place to stay relatively local to the amphitheater? Ideally, $150/night or less would be fantastic. I stayed at the fucking Hilton in Washington D.C. for like $88 + tax just last weekend. VB is expensive! lol
Without sounding like an asshole, you do realize why they are expensive right?
Old 07-22-2007, 10:12 AM
j4k3
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3

Slightly off topic, do you have to be 21 to get a hotel room? I understand if so about the drinking and shit but I want to make a weekend road trip and not sleep in my car but I'm only 19.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:21 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by Philbert
Without sounding like an asshole, you do realize why they are expensive right?
I hope you're not going to say "because it's the beach."

I've stayed at much nicer places for much less than some of the hotels I've priced in VB. $500 for two days? You've got to be shitting me. There's even a place that I've stayed in Myrtle for roughly $100 a night in season, and it has a total of three beds, two tv's, full kitchen, oceanfront balcony... When I say $100 a night, you probably think roach motel, but it's definitely not. It's just a small place, but I was blown away by the quality of the actual room in relation to the price. Hell, I've even stayed in Miami for less than some of the places I've seen in Virginia Beach. I'm sorry, but Virginia Beach isn't like a dream destination to most people. I understand it's expensive, and it's in season right now, but I think it's a little overpriced. At least it's overpriced in my opinion, for what it's worth.

Thanks for the Chesapeake suggestion Dan. I'll check that out.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:25 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by j4k3
Slightly off topic, do you have to be 21 to get a hotel room? I understand if so about the drinking and shit but I want to make a weekend road trip and not sleep in my car but I'm only 19.
Ehh, it probably depends on the hotel policy...

I booked plenty of rooms when I was 18 years old. My girlfriend and I would book a room every single weekend when we were working together because our company did not allow two co-workers to date, so we really couldn't be seen together. It was a mini-getaway every weekend... lol. Sometimes we'd stay local, and then our favorite place decided they all of the sudden had a policy where your residence address has to be like 100 miles away for them to let you stay. Ridiculous. I think that's the dumbest policy in the world to turn away locals. If they were booked to the brim, I would understand, but they didn't have a whole lot of traffic, and I had a positive history with them.. They never had any problems out of me. I never had parties or anything, and we were always quiet, keeping to ourselves. I told them I had just had my house bombed with pesticide and they didn't care. They suggested I hit the highway and try the franchise an hour down the road.

Anyway, that was WAY off topic.. You should just check the policy in advance. Try hotels.com and book it online. If you do it that way, I doubt you'll have any problems.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:46 AM
Flinch
Desolation

Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch

Not at all.
If you're in town for the Warped Tour, a decently large attraction, you won't be the only one looking for a hotel room.
I tried to reserve a hotel room a few months back in South Boston for a VIR trip, they wanted $200+ a night, its fucking South Boston. It had nothing to do with the hotel being a 10 star or what was in the area, it was because there was a NASCAR race that weekend.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:14 AM
nothing.
Go fuck yourself

nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing. nothing.

Back in june during the sand soccer tourny my g/f got me a suit at the marrior becuase it was the ONLY thing avail.

@ $379/night after taxes it wasn't cheap to say the least.

Try orbitz? I've found the "sun suites" at ches. from $89/night and it's maybe a 15 min. ride to the amp. and close to everything in greenbriar. There's also the radison just at the end of the "main" strip of granby in dt. norfolk that runs $160/night.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:31 AM
Lord Humongous
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

hotels.com
Old 07-22-2007, 12:20 PM
s2k7

s2k7 has disabled reputation

Well that IS the reason. Location, and time of the year.

Quick Reply: Help me find a hotel...