Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Dog Rescue

Old 09-06-2007, 02:40 PM
ryanherington
yaaat.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington
Default Dog Rescue

I've looked all over trying to find an adoption place for my dog, and I can't. Does anyone know of a place that would take a pit-bull, that doesn't put them down if they're not adopted? I'm not choosing to get rid of him, but the dog has no where to go, and I'm moving and can't keep him, or I would. Any help is much appreciated.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:41 PM
BCisme
Poop Ban-nana owns U

BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme
Default Re: Dog Rescue

why dont you put an ad up for him? tidewater trading post?

i'm looking for a dog, but my apt complex doesnt allow aggresive breeds.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:44 PM
ryanherington
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington

Originally Posted by BCisme
why dont you put an ad up for him? tidewater trading post?

i'm looking for a dog, but my apt complex doesnt allow aggresive breeds.
Because I don't want him to go to a bad home to someone who thinks they can handle him who can't, who just gets rid of him as fast as possible. Shelters usually make sure the dog is going to a good home, better than I can.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:46 PM
ntinhri
Registered Member

ntinhri has a spectacular aura aboutntinhri has a spectacular aura about

what kinda of dog is he? I found my lab dead this morning. My wife and I are very upset and my other dog is very sad.. yes she is actually acting very sad and crying cause her friend is gone. Please give me some info. thanks Steve
Old 09-06-2007, 02:49 PM
ryanherington
yaaat.

Originally Posted by ntinhri
what kinda of dog is he? I found my lab dead this morning. My wife and I are very upset and my other dog is very sad.. yes she is actually acting very sad and crying cause her friend is gone. Please give me some info. thanks Steve
It's a pitbull. Are you looking to get another dog, or trying to find out who attacked your other lab?
Old 09-06-2007, 02:50 PM
BCisme
Poop Ban-nana owns U

yea its tough tho, because those kinds of dogs are restricted often by apt complexes, landlords neighborhoods etc.... honestly a local shelter would take him but most people go there for family pets. not likely someone who wants one would look for one at a shelter, they'd want to meet the owner and see how the dog has been living. i think putting an ad out, stating your case and being cautious, going to see where they plan to keep him etc... is your best chance of finding him a good home.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:52 PM
ryanherington
yaaat.

Originally Posted by BCisme
yea its tough tho, because those kinds of dogs are restricted often by apt complexes, landlords neighborhoods etc.... honestly a local shelter would take him but most people go there for family pets. not likely someone who wants one would look for one at a shelter, they'd want to meet the owner and see how the dog has been living. i think putting an ad out, stating your case and being cautious, going to see where they plan to keep him etc... is your best chance of finding him a good home.
Yeah, that's a reason who didn't break down and take him to the SPCA, because most people don't go there looking for "mean" dogs. I didn't think of the ad for people to see how the dog behaves.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:56 PM
BCisme
Poop Ban-nana owns U

Originally Posted by Mus96tang
Yeah, that's a reason who didn't break down and take him to the SPCA, because most people don't go there looking for "mean" dogs. I didn't think of the ad for people to see how the dog behaves.
I would love to own a dog lke that, and when the time is right and I go looking, i'd prefer to get a puppy, or if not that pick one up from someone like you, where i can meet the dog, maybe a few times. how old is the dog? i'd put a short and sweet ad in next weeks trading post. i'm sure you will find him a good home locally.
Old 09-06-2007, 02:57 PM
ntinhri
Registered Member

ntinhri has a spectacular aura aboutntinhri has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Mus96tang
It's a pitbull. Are you looking to get another dog, or trying to find out who attacked your other lab?

no I think my pups stomach turned over and did her in. from what the vet said it happens quickly to bigger dogs that jump around alot... Lexie could and would jump up and hang on the 6' privacy fence to look at people walking down the road. SHe was GREAT and I'm going to miss her... Good luck with your Pit, My wife would never roll with a pit, shes a little more a lab person... good luck and thanks for letting me vent, today sucks!
Old 09-06-2007, 03:01 PM
Verbal
r0tard

Verbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these parts

This is why they should be more selective of who they allow to own a bully breed. Good luck, i'm sorry for that dog.

Quick Reply: Dog Rescue