Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

lets discuss newport news

Old 09-09-2007, 01:54 PM
blasko
THE FIASCO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blasko is on a distinguished road
Default lets discuss newport news

what the hell is going on here?

yesterday:

The city organizes a rally against violence and gangs in downtown newport news. The police had to shut the rally down because of all the fights.

earlier that morning, at the hardess on denbigh, someone robbed the place at gunpoint and killed a lady who worked there for 16 years.

and also that day, around 10pm, a 17 year old kid was shot off his bicycle and killed downtown.

it seems like everyday it is getting worse. I have lived in Atlanta (once the murder capitol of the US) and also in Richmond (also popular on the top murder list) and i feel newport news is getting close to being the same. I am seeing more and more homeless people wandering denbigh every month.

gang activity is up
murders are up
robberies are up
drop out rate is up
unemployment is up

my parents live in an upper-middle class neighborhood in the menchville area. every year the "bad neighborhoods" move one subdivision closer. You cant park on the street anymore cause your windows are going to get shot out by pellet guns. No one even lets their kids go trick or treating in the area because they all get jumped.

I dont need to hear 50 Cent at 3 in the morning. And I do, alot.

Anyone remember the MTV show "my block, VA" ??

I was very pissed off after watching it. We all know that many kids (8-20ish) idolize everything they see on MTV. The had some shitty no talent thugged out rappers talking about bAdNeWzs as being the mecca for drugs in the south. They showed peddlers village. fuck that.
They had another rapper saying that "you have to hustle and sell drugs, there arent enough jobs here"

no, there are plenty of jobs, you just actually have to get up, go to work, and make an honest living and pass a drug test. its not fucking hard, your just a lazy fuck.

makes me wonder how many kids saw that and said " oh shit son, i live in the drug mecca, i dont have to get educated, i can just selll drugs and be a rapper"

I know MTV makes that show to focus on the rap culture, but this area is deeply rooted in music history, IE: ella fitzgerald, wooten brothers, robert cray, andy summers, toni braxton, david bowie, and many more.

calling it bad news doesnt help. If you research it, the original name of the town was Newport's Good News, celebrating the findings of Christoper Newport.

There are barely any businesses in the lower side of newport news. no one wants to open up shop for A. dont wanna get robbed B. want customers to feel safe C. wanna hire people who wanna actually work

so what do you guys think?
what does it take to turn something like this around?
more police didnt help, more schools didnt either.

I feel this place is on a downward spiral. I cant even park anywhere in denbigh without homeless people running up to me to ask for money. I cant go to golden corral without bums in the lobby begging for change. I cant even get a soft taco supreme at taco bell that has been assembled with any common sense because the asshat working there only make 6.50 an hour and doesnt care if my sour cream is on the outside of the tortilla.

discuss.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:56 PM
Lord Humongous
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous
Default Re: lets discuss newport news

Originally Posted by blasko
I know MTV makes that show to focus on the rap culture, but this area is deeply rooted in music history, IE: ella fitzgerald, wooten brothers, robert cray, andy summers, toni braxton, david bowie, and many more.

I could have sworn David Bowie was British....

But then again, this area gave us Allen Iverson and the Vick brothers, ghetto boyz to the fullest
Old 09-09-2007, 01:57 PM
Slimsta Jimsta
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta

***** i'm on the grind makin money, fux you talkin bout
Old 09-09-2007, 01:57 PM
Brock Obama
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

And this is why I carry a gun.

Everywhere.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:58 PM
Slimsta Jimsta
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta

I walked to a 7-11 in hampton last night at 3:45am and had no problems
Old 09-09-2007, 02:00 PM
Lord Humongous
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by NFCstang

But then again, this area gave us Allen Iverson and the Vick brothers, ghetto boyz to the fullest
And I forgot Slimsta Jimsta....

Yep...NN is useless
Old 09-09-2007, 02:00 PM
blasko
THE FIASCO

blasko is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by NFCstang
he is, but a big chunk of his recordings were in norfolk. he spent a lot of time here songwriting and stuff

and jimmy, no thugs want to mess with you cause your an easy target. 120 lbs wet with a pocket full of change. they like a challenge
Old 09-09-2007, 02:04 PM
Henryx33
PoNtEeN4

Henryx33 has disabled reputation

To the OP. I work in Newport News everyday, and I agree with you man. The place is getting worse.
I work for the telephone company and all I hear is "YO, DAWG.. hook it up wif de fone yo! I got weed..." I hear that line atleast 3 times a week.
I just gave my 2 weeks notice, and I'm heading back to South Florida as of the end of this month
Old 09-09-2007, 02:13 PM
Lord Humongous
VaDriven Mayhem

and jimmy, no thugs want to mess with you cause your an easy target. 120 lbs wet with a pocket full of change. they like a challenge
Plus the come stain on the front of his pants from his last lapdance

he is, but a big chunk of his recordings were in norfolk. he spent a lot of time here songwriting and stuff
That's something I didn't know....
Old 09-09-2007, 02:16 PM
AllMotorAllDay
Registered Member

AllMotorAllDay has disabled reputation

Newport news is no joke, i live in beechmont. I hear sirens, gunshots, and screaming every night. i cant go to WaWa to get gas without 20 kids walking around my car and asking me for a ride. We need serious help.

Quick Reply: lets discuss newport news