Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

clutch problems

Old 09-24-2007, 09:21 AM
awd4lyfe
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
awd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond repute
Default clutch problems

its on a 90 integra

last night i went to drop a friend off, the car ran fine never noticed anything out of the ordinary, got to my friends house and went in for about 30 min, come back out and start the car up, put it in 1st and pull out of the driveway, i go to change to second and the clutch pedal is 2x as hard to push in and it wont go into gear.

i drive home without a clutch and when driving and in gear it drives fine until i give it about 1/2 throttle then acts like clutch is slipping

any ideas what it could be?
Old 09-24-2007, 09:26 AM
Hi Skuuu
Banned

Hi Skuuu has disabled reputation
Default Re: clutch problems

Could be a faulty Clutch Slave cylinder, that's a cheap fix. It could also be symptoms of a bad clutch disc/pressure plate.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:30 AM
awd4lyfe
Registered Member

awd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond reputeawd4lyfe has a reputation beyond repute

its cable so no slave cylinder i believe and its most likely the clutch disk/pressure plate but the only thing i don't get is it worked fine, no signs of wear, no slipping at all and then all the sudden it just goes out
Old 09-24-2007, 09:31 AM
Hi Skuuu
Banned

Originally Posted by awd4lyfe
its cable so no slave cylinder i believe and its most likely the clutch disk/pressure plate but the only thing i don't get is it worked fine, no signs of wear, no slipping at all and then all the sudden it just goes out
Ah, I see. Is the cable actuating properly? Have you physically checked it for proper operation? Have you tried adjusting the cable.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:33 AM
awd4lyfe
Registered Member

yeah ive checked it, cable is hooked up release arm works fine and ive tried adjusting the cable both tightening and loosening and still wont go into gear with the car on
Old 09-24-2007, 09:36 AM
Hi Skuuu
Banned

Originally Posted by awd4lyfe
yeah ive checked it, cable is hooked up release arm works fine and ive tried adjusting the cable both tightening and loosening and still wont go into gear with the car on
Then I think it's safe to say the clutch is bad, or even possibly the throwout bearing. But hell, get a clutch kit and it comes with a new T.O bearing anyways. While the transmission is out, check the shaft for play and get the flywheel resurfaced as well.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:46 AM
awd4lyfe
Registered Member

yeah thats what im just gonna have to do i was just seeing if maybe i was missing somthing simple but oh well i think i might just pull the engine and transmission, engine needs rebuilt anyway

Last edited by awd4lyfe; 09-24-2007 at 09:54 AM.