Notices
Import - EUROPE Vehicles from European manufacturers go here.

testing waters- 97 bmw m3 coupe

Old 10-04-2007, 01:27 PM
blackout
master debater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout
Default testing waters- 97 bmw m3 coupe

Name: Andy Keffalas
Means of Contact: PM
Year: 1997
Make: bmw
Model: m3 coupe
Mileage: 132k
Color: Cosmos black metallic with black interior.
Trim: sport
Engine: 3.2l i-6
Transmission: Five speed manual
Price: $12,000

As thread title states, I am considering selling my M3. Anyone reading this is likely at least mildly interested in purchasing the car or attempting to convince someone else to purchase it- I'm telling you, for the money there is no better enthusiasts' car on the market than an e36 m3. You have to drive it to get a full understanding of it, but this car will not disappoint. This one in particular is of the sport trim variety, which has the sought after 'vader' leather bucket seats and lack of corny woodgrain, and it's a 97 so it has the staggered wheel sizes and 3.2 liter motor with considerably more torque than the 3.0 liter e36's. Current virginia state inspection through june 08.

The only thing wrong with the car is that it needs some minor maintenance right now (misses slightly when cold due to old plugs, oil change was last done a little over 5000 miles ago, squeaky belts, check engine light on either because of the miss or gas cap, needs hood struts), I have been trying to find the time to get this stuff done lately but haven't quite gotten around to it yet, I even bought the oil and filter (full mobil 1 synthetic). Other than that there are some minor cosmetic annoyances, such as the brake ducts on the front bumper are loose, and there is a dent in the lip spoiler.

Will provide more pics if asked.

Last edited by blackout; 10-05-2007 at 06:50 AM.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:47 PM
fluxhomemade
Banned

fluxhomemade fluxhomemade fluxhomemade fluxhomemade fluxhomemade fluxhomemade fluxhomemade fluxhomemade fluxhomemade fluxhomemade
Default Re: testing waters- 97 bmw m3 coupe

DAMNNNIT !! SUCKS If I didn't have a conscience and a wife I would already have it.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:28 PM
KingNOthingFTW
Registered member

KingNOthingFTW has disabled reputation

Heh, if it wasn't for me being 17 and having to pay my own insurance I would have it too.

Really nice BMW btw.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:11 PM
snikwad
1 happy dude

snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad snikwad

mileage?
maintenance history, perticularly, RSM, RTAB, cooling system, fan, overflow tank, tranny mounts, you know, the usualy E36 stuff.
that could be what the squeaking is...

whats the price without the sqeaking fixed?

Last edited by snikwad; 10-04-2007 at 06:13 PM.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:34 AM
blackout
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by snikwad
mileage?
maintenance history, perticularly, RSM, RTAB, cooling system, fan, overflow tank, tranny mounts, you know, the usualy E36 stuff.
that could be what the squeaking is...

whats the price without the sqeaking fixed?
Sorry, the mileage was overlooked, it's been edited into the original post... but yeah there's 132k on it.

and the usual e36 stuff is kind of why i was considering selling it... i have owned it for nearly a year now and it has been perfect for me in every way, but i just haven't had the time to address all the things i thought i'd be able to so i've just been driving it back and forth to work. so far none of the 'major' e36 items have been a concern, although i do think the struts are stock, and as such with 132k on them they have far outlived their usefulness for any sort of track purposes. i literally have never beat up on this car or really driven it hard (hard to believe even for me) so i don't notice any degredation just driving it around on the street, but it's definitely something i would take care of before i ever put it on the track. among other things. but other than that i can't really offer you much as far as maintenance history... what you see is what you get, just like i got last december when i drove up to chantilly to buy it. at least when i was looking for one, these cars are not easy to find, and i planned on just going through everything that was a concern on these cars anyway, but time and money was not what i had anticipated so it never got done. hence, me on here making a fs thread... what's the point of having an m3 if you can't find the time to even take care of simple maintenance, let alone get out and track the car?

that being said, every time i drive this car with the thought in my mind of selling it the less i want to go through with it, so i'm thinking 12k firm, as is. i just know that if i get around to tinkering with it i will not want to sell the car, and that's fine with me, hence the 'testing waters'. it's not like i'm blasting this car all over autotrader or put it in the paper, or even bimmerforums... this is the only place it's 'advertised'. 12k is the minimum i would want to get for it, and if that's too much then don't buy it. you don't pay too much for a car and i keep a great car. everybody wins.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:55 AM
Carter
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

are you looking for any type of trade? or do you just want to sell the car to get another? If you're at all interested in a truck, let me know
Old 10-05-2007, 04:37 AM
NiceNloW
Society is a Drag.

NiceNloW has disabled reputation

looks just like mine. Your vadors look in good shape. Is your from lip damaged? looks like it is from the pics
Old 10-05-2007, 06:48 AM
blackout
master debater

Originally Posted by Carter
are you looking for any type of trade? or do you just want to sell the car to get another? If you're at all interested in a truck, let me know
i'm looking to get into another type of 'sport' car, possibly a 5th gen prelude or maybe even an s14... but i'm so on the fence about even selling it at all i really haven't figured out what else i'd end up getting. definitely not a truck though, sorry.

Originally Posted by NiceNloW
looks just like mine. Your vadors look in good shape. Is your from lip damaged? looks like it is from the pics
yes the front lip is damaged, i mentioned that in the original post.

if you have one or know of one for sale, especially in the local area, let me know!
Old 10-05-2007, 11:48 AM
NiceNloW
Society is a Drag.

NiceNloW has disabled reputation

BimmerWorld will get you one. But thats here in dublin
Old 10-08-2007, 11:39 AM
blackout
master debater

i've actually decided to keep the car. thanks everyone for looking, actually got some pretty good trade offers.

now let's see how long it takes the mods to close/delete the thread.