Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Ever filled for bankruptcy?

Old 12-06-2007, 12:13 PM
eclpsed
semicolonD.net

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eclpsed eclpsed
Default Ever filled for bankruptcy?

I gotta friend who is about to fill for bankruptcy, but she needs a lawyer. I am tryin to help get some info for her to make it less stressful on her part. Anyone around here ever filled before? If so how much did debt did you have and how much did it cost for you to fill? i was told for around $20k in debt you have to play $700-$1200.. not sure if they were just BS`n us or what.

Anyways yea... lawyer names, and any other helpful input you can offer would be great... thanks!
Old 12-06-2007, 12:19 PM
Cobra4B
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B
Default Re: Ever filled for bankruptcy?

A buddy of mine went through a bankruptcy when his business failed... we were discussing past challenges/hardships one day and he was telling me about it.

His one piece of advice was to take out as many credit cards as possible so that you have some and can build your credit back slowly. But you must pay them off and use them as cash only.

Because after you file you will have a damn hard time getting one. That's all I know.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:25 PM
SupraDOc
1 of 45

SupraDOc SupraDOc SupraDOc SupraDOc SupraDOc SupraDOc SupraDOc SupraDOc SupraDOc SupraDOc SupraDOc

Here's a great lawyer:
William H. "Happy" O'Brien
Old 12-06-2007, 12:38 PM
|2ocky
Registered Member

|2ocky has disabled reputation

Just put the lawyer on a credit card
Old 12-06-2007, 12:49 PM
eclpsed
semicolonD.net

eclpsed eclpsed

Originally Posted by |2ocky
Just put the lawyer on a credit card
haha.. word.

but really.... back on topic. anyone know of a good lawyer in the 757?

Last edited by eclpsed; 12-06-2007 at 12:52 PM.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:50 PM
Cobra4B
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Originally Posted by SuPraScOObY
Here's a great lawyer:
William H. "Happy" O'Brien
Oh shit... there's the avatar change I knew it... Jay was right.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:52 PM
audiS4_apr
'08 135i & '00 S4

audiS4_apr is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by eclpsed
I gotta friend who is about to fill for bankruptcy, but she needs a lawyer. I am tryin to help get some info for her to make it less stressful on her part. Anyone around here ever filled before? If so how much did debt did you have and how much did it cost for you to fill? i was told for around $20k in debt you have to play $700-$1200.. not sure if they were just BS`n us or what.

Anyways yea... lawyer names, and any other helpful input you can offer would be great... thanks!
Never filed but I may need to if I keep buying car stuff. Seriously, I would call all creditors and inform them of plans to file and see if they'll lower interest rates, etc. It would be much better to get interest rates lowered and extend repayment terms than to file for bankruptcy, in my opinion. $20k shouldn't be that hard to pay back over time. Some people file and end up in similar situation down the road because they never learned the hard lessons you would get trying to pay back every cent over time.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:01 PM
eclpsed
semicolonD.net

eclpsed eclpsed

Originally Posted by audiS4_apr
Never filed but I may need to if I keep buying car stuff. Seriously, I would call all creditors and inform them of plans to file and see if they'll lower interest rates, etc. It would be much better to get interest rates lowered and extend repayment terms than to file for bankruptcy, in my opinion. $20k shouldn't be that hard to pay back over time. Some people file and end up in similar situation down the road because they never learned the hard lessons you would get trying to pay back every cent over time.
she's got an old car loan (that she sold a long time ago), plus mods and 3 motors, all in one loan cause she refinanced all her debt into one loan.. plus a few cards with alot on them from when she moved out and bought stuff for her house that her ex now has.... she just wants file to clean off and not owe anything so she has time to goto school. no way she can pay these bills and be a fulltime student... soo yea.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:01 PM
yeldak99
LickMyButthole

yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99

Bankruptcy laws are getting stricter these days.... I think what ^^^ said would be best. They will usually work with you and give you a lower rate if you call and ask for it, don't give them a number, just tell them you want a lower rate and see what they give you... If its not what you want, tell them you would like it better at ?.?% rather than what they offered you, and usually they go for it.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:13 PM
MAD_DOHC
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

With the new bankruptcy laws, it's almost impossible to actually file nowadays. If she intends to file, they'll most likely work out a monthly payment plan with all her creditors until everything is paid off.

A bankruptcy stays on your record for ~7-10 years and makes gettings important loans almost impossible. It will also fuck up any chance for a clearance for a while if she needs to get one.

Bankruptcy is bad news.

Quick Reply: Ever filled for bankruptcy?