Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

car audio help/keyless entry

Old 12-26-2007, 05:19 PM
Rey Mysterio
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio
Default car audio help/keyless entry

i got an alpine deck installed in my car. now my keyless entry doesnt work. is there any way around that or am i just SOL? is there a way to still have keyless entry with the new deck or does it only work with oem parts?
Old 12-26-2007, 05:21 PM
kaltares
CustomGSR

kaltares is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: car audio help/keyless entry

there r 2 wires on the back of the radio that needs to be jumped 2gether i think its the white with green stripe.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:22 PM
Rey Mysterio
Registered Member

Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio Rey Mysterio

Originally Posted by kaltares
there r 2 wires on the back of the radio that needs to be jumped 2gether i think its the white with green stripe.
so its still possible to have it? i guess ill just go back to best buy and make them do that tommorow...they should know how to right?
Old 12-26-2007, 05:36 PM
Verbal
r0tard

Verbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these parts

Might help if we knew what kind of car?
Old 12-26-2007, 05:38 PM
Rey Mysterio
Registered Member

96 honda civic ex
Old 12-26-2007, 05:39 PM
Verbal
r0tard

Verbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these parts

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=309660

You have to keep the factory unit in the car, its a bitch. I have heard of removing the box from the factory unit, i just pushed mine into the dash.

Hope that helps.

*edit* damn, new info...LOL, i went back and read the post...(hey, its been in my favorites for 4 years)

The catalogs at local audio stores are sometimes wrong.
I have done this on my 96. Yes the factory keyless IS integrated into the radio. There are two plugs on the back, one is green. You can either get a Y-spitter harness for the radio, or actually, just a plug. The OEM radio needs the green plug plugged in, but the plug for the actual radio only needs the power and ground connected to power the keyless reciever. So you can actually just run a power wire and ground wire via two female spade connectors to the pins to the factory radio if you want.

Last edited by Verbal; 12-26-2007 at 05:41 PM.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:49 PM
Rey Mysterio
Registered Member

wow thanks..i think im just going to end up buying a whole different alarm for it and use that instead..
Old 12-26-2007, 08:29 PM
Verbal
r0tard

Old 12-27-2007, 05:42 PM
jlgrtype
Full Access Member

jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype

i never heard of a factory radio controling the keyless entry on a civic check the battery of your remote. maybe the car lost the frecuency of the remote during the intalation. reprogram the remote to the car.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:27 PM
Rey Mysterio
Registered Member

i went to honda today and they said that it was built into the back of the radio

Quick Reply: car audio help/keyless entry