Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Recommendations for new exhaust

Old 01-26-2008, 01:36 PM
Boosted Bitch
vaginadriven.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch
Default Recommendations for new exhaust

Ok... I live in Bedford where we have very anal cops and all they know how to do is pull people in imports over and write exhaust tickets. Right now I am running 3in. pipe from the turbo back and no catalytic converter. I am just looking to get something that won't restrict flow, but looks stock so they will leave me the hell alone! Any suggestions??

Last edited by Boosted Bitch; 01-26-2008 at 01:39 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:01 PM
Spooln4
I <3 2JZ

Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommendations for new exhaust

I've been looking for a similar solution. It seems as if appearance "shiny" looking end mufflers attract the attention. I'll prob end up running a cut-out.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:05 PM
Boosted Bitch
vaginadriven.com

Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch Boosted Bitch

Originally Posted by Spooln4
I've been looking for a similar solution. It seems as if appearance "shiny" looking end mufflers attract the attention. I'll prob end up running a cut-out.
I just hate to piece something together and it ends up looking and sounding like shit. Maybe I'll do the same... just run a cut-out.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:44 PM
Heiss M3
Capitalist Pig

Heiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the rough

EDIT:I posted late

Do what andrew did. Get a stock muffler. Stick it in. Then instead of attaching your DP and midpipe to the stuck muffler, just have your mid pipe dump the exhaust right before your muffler.

Basically you're using the stock muffler as a decoy.

Or you could get a more quiet/restrictive system, and have an electric cutout installed at the bottom of the downpipe.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:46 PM
TNGChris
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

cutout and run a stock rear section,or there are several options for stock appearing mufflers.
Magnalflow oval mufflers with no tip and painted black look pretty close to stock.
on a turbo car,a cutout up front and super quiet exhaust is my vote.you can't get any less restrictive,and you look and sound totally stock around cops.
as Andrew said above,the look is just as important as the sound with cops it seems.having a shiny ricer muffler that isn't even loud will get you pulled before a stock appearing loud exhaust will.for about five years now i've run a stock style rear section,with a 3" cutout about six inches off the turbo.it's super loud,and when i've had cops pop out of nowhere before i can close it-they never even look twice.
Chris

Last edited by TNGChris; 01-26-2008 at 02:51 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:46 PM
captainturbo
no turbo, jus a name

captainturbo has disabled reputation

check your private messages. I sent idea for custom set up.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:47 PM
jpick_aap_cpp
CPL Us Army

jpick_aap_cpp has disabled reputation

thats a good ass idea lol.

i'm running a magnaflow muffler and havent had any issues with cops for noise. only loud when your layin into it.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:02 PM
Boosted Bitch
vaginadriven.com

Yeah... I just checked out the Magnaflow website. They have some mufflers that look close to stock. All good ideas so far! Thanks everybody!! I must admit... I'm kinda digging on the cut-out idea though.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:26 PM
Heiss M3
Capitalist Pig

Heiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the rough

www.DMHperformance.com ... those are the cutouts i'm running. I'm sure you heard them open last weekend when I was in the parking lot.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:30 PM
CivicRenModelX
CRX

CivicRenModelX has disabled reputation

My exhaust looks like stock but I still got a ticket.

Quick Reply: Recommendations for new exhaust