Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Does anyone own a trailing arm bushing extractor?

Old 01-28-2008 | 07:55 AM
Scottyk6
Full-time New Guy

Scottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud of
Default Does anyone own a trailing arm bushing extractor?

I'm in need of getting my trailing arm bushing replaced on my 95 Civic. There's this specific tool that can extract the bushing from the trailing arm without having to remove the trailing arm from the car. Before I go out an buy one myself, I was wondering if anyone owned one in within reasonable driving distance of Williamsburg that would let me borrow it? The shops ask for way too much and I'm going to have to do it again when I lower the car, so it would just be logical doing it myself. The tool looks like the one below...

Not mine...
Old 01-28-2008 | 09:39 AM
Blue2turbo
Registered member

Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo Blue2turbo
Default Re: Does anyone own a trailing arm bushing extractor?

Call up a local advanced auto, they normally rent out tools like that for free. I called them to get the tool to remove my ball joints, steering wheel puller, etc. You have to pay them the cost of the tool, but they refund it when you return it. Just a thought if no one comes through.
Old 01-28-2008 | 11:35 AM
Verbal
r0tard

Verbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these parts

You have a torch?
Old 01-28-2008 | 12:03 PM
Scottyk6
Full-time New Guy

Scottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Verbal
You have a torch?
Nah. I'm trying to avoid taking the trailing arm off the car.
Old 01-28-2008 | 06:15 PM
RandomTask
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

Hey captain insane-o, If you want to pull the bushings you're going to have to disconnect the trailing arm.
Old 01-28-2008 | 09:53 PM
Scottyk6
Full-time New Guy

Originally Posted by RandomTask
Hey captain insane-o, If you want to pull the bushings you're going to have to disconnect the trailing arm.
I don't mean to be a jackass to you but I beg to differ. Of course I'm going to have to disconnect something (common sense), but the trailing arm isn't going to come off the car entirely. The reason for that tool is so you won't have to. That's the whole reason I'm looking for one. Read the tutorial on it here...

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1589298&page=1
Old 01-29-2008 | 04:29 AM
RandomTask
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

Originally Posted by Scottyk6
I don't mean to be a jackass to you but I beg to differ. Of course I'm going to have to disconnect something (common sense), but the trailing arm isn't going to come off the car entirely. The reason for that tool is so you won't have to. That's the whole reason I'm looking for one. Read the tutorial on it here...

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1589298&page=1
I thought you wanted to remove it w/o disconnecting anything.
Old 01-29-2008 | 05:53 AM
S2K_Guy
AKA: SHY_GUY

S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy

He doesn't wanna remove the trailing arm itself...
Old 01-29-2008 | 08:48 AM
NotAVR4
Ultraspeed

NotAVR4 NotAVR4 NotAVR4 NotAVR4 NotAVR4 NotAVR4 NotAVR4

nvm...the method I use is best on a lift...

Last edited by NotAVR4; 01-29-2008 at 08:50 AM.
Old 01-29-2008 | 08:53 AM
Scottyk6
Full-time New Guy

Originally Posted by NotAVR4
nvm...the method I use is best on a lift...
I just read what you posted before you edited your post. Confused me for a second how it changed when I was trying to reply, haha. But I've never heard that method before, but it makes sense. How much do you guys charge at the dealership to have that done?