Notices
Other ARCHIVE Previous forum, cannot make any new posts.

Looking for a .22 pistol

Old 02-02-2008 | 06:26 PM
TheGentleArt
DA LEPRAHKAHNZ GOLLD

TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt
Default Looking for a .22 pistol

got one.

Last edited by TheGentleArt; 02-04-2008 at 05:44 PM.
Old 02-02-2008 | 09:04 PM
El Negro
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Looking for a .22 pistol

Honestly, I can't forsee you getting anything what won't fall apart and fires well for under $100.

You can look for a .22 revolver and that will normally run you for $150-$200 or so.

Personally, for the novice shooter, especially one afraid of guns, I recommend the Ruger MkII. They can be had for $150-$300 used.

Hell, I recommend that gun to anyone who wants to learn and practice their fundamentals, no matter what their skill level.
Old 02-03-2008 | 04:52 AM
lsvtec2go
Registered Member

lsvtec2go is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by El Negro
Honestly, I can't forsee you getting anything what won't fall apart and fires well for under $100.

You can look for a .22 revolver and that will normally run you for $150-$200 or so.

Personally, for the novice shooter, especially one afraid of guns, I recommend the Ruger MkII. They can be had for $150-$300 used.

Hell, I recommend that gun to anyone who wants to learn and practice their fundamentals, no matter what their skill level.

^ agreed
Old 02-03-2008 | 05:52 AM
TheGentleArt
DA LEPRAHKAHNZ GOLLD

TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt TheGentleArt

Originally Posted by El Negro

thanks for the advice

I wanted the Walther p22 for her, but when i had the 250 it cost at the show, it had been with in the 30 days for me to buy another handgun if i had the cash, that'd be the gun id get. I am hoping she will just get over the fear of shooting and use my .45 its a Glock 30, and really the Recoil isn't bad at all, i guess its just the initial fear /shrug.

Right now all i have to spare on a frivilous item is 100, if i get some extra pocket change, ill look for something nicer like the ruger or p22
Old 02-03-2008 | 07:25 AM
Brock Obama
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by TheGentleArt
thanks for the advice

I wanted the Walther p22 for her, but when i had the 250 it cost at the show, it had been with in the 30 days for me to buy another handgun if i had the cash, that'd be the gun id get. I am hoping she will just get over the fear of shooting and use my .45 its a Glock 30, and really the Recoil isn't bad at all, i guess its just the initial fear /shrug.

Right now all i have to spare on a frivilous item is 100, if i get some extra pocket change, ill look for something nicer like the ruger or p22
I was just going to recommend the Walther P22... My roommate has one and it's a slick shooting little .22LR. Think of it as a miniature P99. If I were you, I'd wait until you can come up with a little more money so you can afford a quality weapon. As Tim said, the Ruger MkII is a nice weapon too. But... who knows, maybe someone will post up something they're trying to part with.
Old 02-03-2008 | 08:24 AM
TheGentleArt
DA LEPRAHKAHNZ GOLLD

Originally Posted by XCELR8
I was just going to recommend the Walther P22... My roommate has one and it's a slick shooting little .22LR. Think of it as a miniature P99. If I were you, I'd wait until you can come up with a little more money so you can afford a quality weapon. As Tim said, the Ruger MkII is a nice weapon too. But... who knows, maybe someone will post up something they're trying to part with.
Yeah, im more along the longs of seeing if someone has a .22 collecting dust that they wanna make 100 bucks off of, i had a PM just waiting for him to respond to my response. Next gun show, if i dont have enough saved up for a Kimber Pro Carry, ill probably continue to carry the G30 and buy the p22, although im pretty sure as soon as my girl gets over the initial fright of holding it, she will be ok to shoot my higher caliber weapons and i wont have a need for a .22, but i still may pick up a p22 at the next show The thing is, with me having a gun on me alot of the time, and at the house i really want my girlfriend (basically fiance, been together 6 years lol) to get comfortable with shooting one, if something happened (god forbid) id want her to be able to pick it up and utilize it.

Anywho thanks for the responses and info/comments, ill be looking for about a week, if not ill save my pennies and wait for the gunshow .
Old 02-03-2008 | 05:48 PM
Laserjock
Stiff Member

Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock

Ummm, rent one at the range?
Old 02-03-2008 | 07:16 PM
TheGentleArt
DA LEPRAHKAHNZ GOLLD

Originally Posted by Laserjock
Ummm, rent one at the range?
I may, but i kind of just want one.
Old 02-03-2008 | 08:52 PM
757-A_V_8_R
Registered Member

757-A_V_8_R has disabled reputation

i've seen jiminez ja22 new for ~ $120 around here.... it may not be the most popular gun but it comes with two mags and a lifetime warranty. pm me if u want more info on location
Old 02-03-2008 | 10:31 PM
EFB16A
Registered Member

EFB16A is on a distinguished road

if you get a p22, just remember to shoot mini mags or stingers out of it, otherwise i havent found much that will cycle through either of mine. It will feed most ammo with the can on it though.

Quick Reply: Looking for a .22 pistol