Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Paging Jeremy...

Old 02-07-2008 | 07:47 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Paging Jeremy...

Has anyone talked to Jerely lately? Is he still on here? I've left messages and he hasn't called me back. If he doesn't want to powdercoat my parts, that's fine, I'll have someone else do them... but I want to make sure everything is alright with him. For those of you who talk to him regularly, is he alright? I haven't seen him lately.
Old 02-07-2008 | 08:34 AM
Heiss M3
Capitalist Pig

Heiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Paging Jeremy...

I want some wheels powder coated. If he can do them then i'll go that route, but like Adam said...where is he!?
Old 02-07-2008 | 09:39 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by Heiss M3
I want some wheels powder coated. If he can do them then i'll go that route, but like Adam said...where is he!?
I don't think his blaster is big enough to blast wheels... so if they need to be blasted, I don't know if he can do it. IIRC he's done wheels in the past but I think the oven would only allow for maybe two at a time. I'll let him speak for himself on that subject though, if he ever surfaces.
Old 02-07-2008 | 10:10 AM
Corey
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Is Jeremy the dude that the powdercoating stink came about from a couple months back?
Old 02-07-2008 | 10:12 AM
LLama
Unconfirmed User

LLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Corey
Is Jeremy the dude that the powdercoating stink came about from a couple months back?
I've never heard anything but good things about him... quality work and great prices. There was a thread dedicated to his services where a sponsor jumped in and tried to "highjack" some business. Some people bashed this sponsor and well, you can imagine how that ended up... the thread disappeared.

(I gave a pretty blatant suggestion to use caution of how the sponsor was being treated, because the guy giving money to advertise on the site will more than likely win the battle.)
Old 02-07-2008 | 10:20 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by LLama
I've never heard anything but good things about him... quality work and great prices. There was a thread dedicated to his services where a sponsor jumped in and tried to "highjack" some business. Some people bashed this sponsor and well, you can imagine how that ended up... the thread disappeared.

(I gave a pretty blatant suggestion to use caution of how the sponsor was being treated, because the guy giving money to advertise on the site will more than likely win the battle.)
Hit the nail on the head!

Jeremy didn't do anything wrong. A forum member created a thread to let everyone know that their friend (Jeremy) was offering powdercoating services out of his home, more or less for fun and as a hobby, not so much to make money or to make a living. The sponsor came in and dropped his number and email address totally jacking Jeremy's shit. Totally unprofessional, and disrespectful. I respect the fact that he paid to advertise, but you can't use business tactics like that in the real world, and you shouldn't do it on the internet either.
Old 02-07-2008 | 10:29 AM
LLama
Unconfirmed User

LLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond repute

Personal opinion has nothing to do with this... neither mine, yours, or anyone elses. Fact is, if there is bashing of site sponsors, it's going to be stopped pretty quickly... That just isn't here, it's on every forum. You must understand its in vadrivens best interest to get rid of a thread that's become nothing but bashing of the sponsor for whatever reason (~2 pages of that thread turned into a shit talking fest to the sponsor.)He would be more likely to renew his sponsorship rather than if there was a 20 page of thread of people talking shit.

Again, let me encourage a little caution... this thread is headed towards a continuation of the old... it'll disappear as well if it's kept up. The story has been told... let it die... and let this become "jeremy's" new thread. Post his contact info & pictures on [this] first page.
Old 02-07-2008 | 03:14 PM
Spooln4
I <3 2JZ

Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
Hit the nail on the head!

Jeremy didn't do anything wrong. A forum member created a thread to let everyone know that their friend (Jeremy) was offering powdercoating services out of his home, more or less for fun and as a hobby, not so much to make money or to make a living. The sponsor came in and dropped his number and email address totally jacking Jeremy's shit. Totally unprofessional, and disrespectful. I respect the fact that he paid to advertise, but you can't use business tactics like that in the real world, and you shouldn't do it on the internet either.
Tactics like these are used in the real world constantly.

Now it might unethical, but it happens a lot.
Old 02-07-2008 | 03:15 PM
AMDxp2000
It tilts

AMDxp2000 has disabled reputation

He's doing good and he's getting married friday.....His phone has been on/off due to lack of minutes and yes he does blast wheels

Just try giving him an call tonight if not drop an note by his door or worse...knock! He tends to be home in the evenings
Old 02-07-2008 | 03:26 PM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by Spooln4
Tactics like these are used in the real world constantly.

Now it might unethical, but it happens a lot.
To a point, yes... but it's a mostly apples to oranges comparison in the real world. Here's a quick example that comes to mind: a car dealership. Imagine Haley Toyota employees hanging out at Dave Sarmadi and passing out their business cards to people browsing the lot, during business hours.

Well, actually, scratch that.. That's not really a good comparison. I do agree with the last ppart though. It's very unethical.

Quick Reply: Paging Jeremy...