Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Civic not starting

Old 03-06-2008, 08:27 PM
Ninja11
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ninja11 has disabled reputation
Default Civic not starting

Ok well im back and it is still not starting, the battery is fine, the starter is fine and all of the grounds are good. what is next?
summary- my car wont start but we can push start it and it runs fine. we just dont know the problem. only thing i have done is wire up a sub, which makes no sense.
Possible Idea: ok so whenever i go to start it ill push the clutch in and turn the key and a bunch of the dash lights go off. Now my dad just thought of this ides so we asked my aunt(who has a honda) to do this for us ---> we got her to push her clutch in about half way i guess and try to start the car. her car did the same thing as mine, but when i do mine the clutch is to the floor. my dad thinks that there is like a sensor thing that allows the car to start once the clutch is pushed in a certain amount. has anyone ever had one of these go bad? or are tey adjustable to the point of where it triggers the car to be able to start and maybe i need to re-adjust mine?

sumary- is there a sensor on the clutch pedal area ther tells the car when it can start? like a sensor that once it has ben pushed in far enough it will be able to start?anyone ever had this be a problem?
Old 03-06-2008, 08:30 PM
kanadaa
Flesh Into Gear.

kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa kanadaa
Default Re: Civic not starting

I know you can disable the switch. Or rather connect it permanently. I've never had a reason to do it. But I imagine its not hard. Just make sure you're not in gear when you go to start it.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:35 PM
Ninja11
Registered Member

im not gonna do that if the switch is bad ill replace it but thats what im wondering . does anyone know where this is located in the car?
Old 03-07-2008, 07:20 AM
sleeper99ex
ready for your mom

sleeper99ex has disabled reputation

its under he dash by the clutch peddle. i had the same probem with mine not to long ago and thats what it was. the switch should look like a push botton.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:48 AM
tgreyboy46
Registered Member

tgreyboy46 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just follow the pedal up under the dash. You have to lay on your back to see it. The nut that holds it on is a 17mm and you will have to use a open end wrench. I just adjusted mine in my Del Sol because I was having to push the pedal in to far to get it to start. The switch dosen't make until you push the pedal in. From there, the Honda book says to screw it in until it touches the pedal arm and then turn in 1/4 to 1/2 a turn. I just adjusted by trial and error. Just adjust the switch where you can get the car to start with a normal leg extension. You can see the electrical plug and nut, but you have to push the pedal in to see the part of the switch that makes contact with the pedal arm.
Good Luck
Teddy
Old 03-07-2008, 09:49 AM
tgreyboy46
Registered Member

tgreyboy46 is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is the Honda Clutch Adjustment attached.
If you can't read it, email me at teddyg@cox.net and I will send it to you.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Clutch Pedal Adjustment.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	47309  
Old 03-11-2008, 03:26 PM
Ninja11
Registered Member

what does clutch pedal switch B do? ( the 1 labeled b in the diagram)