Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Moving to Va beach/Norfolk.. Some info?

Old 03-12-2008, 04:48 AM
dizz81
Gas Killer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dizz81 will become famous soon enough
Default Moving to Va beach/Norfolk.. Some info?

My orders came thru and it seems like I'll be getting stationed on the Little Creek base. So I was wondering if you guys can toss out some nice places to live in the area??

I have 5 months before I have to find a place but I figured I'd find a place I'll be happy with ahead of time and set something up before the end of the summer..

Thanks everyone
Old 03-12-2008, 04:57 AM
_crs
Virginia Beach 757

_crs has disabled reputation
Default Re: Moving to Va beach/Norfolk.. Some info?

Condo/Townhouse or house? You can rent one of those Condo/Thouse on Baker/Newtown be sure to stay on the side where the burger king is though the further in the better. Also whats your budget?
Old 03-12-2008, 05:04 AM
D.Nick
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

Wow what a PCS. 45 minutes away from your old duty station. Lucky fucker.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:16 AM
Cobra4B
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

If you want to have fun/relax see if any of the townhouses back in Aries on the Bay are up for rent. Its a great place to live w/ lots of great neighboors. You'll have little to no yard work, it's a 3 min walk to the beach, and you're on shore drive so you can easily hit up the bars there, town center, or hop down northhampton and get on 64 to 264 to Norfolk etc.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:23 AM
dizz81
Gas Killer

Originally Posted by _crs
Condo/Townhouse or house? You can rent one of those Condo/Thouse on Baker/Newtown be sure to stay on the side where the burger king is though the further in the better. Also whats your budget?
Looking for something 2 bedroom 2 bath, it's just something rent for right now so townhouse/apt or w/e.. Not really ready to buy a house yet, still haven't decided where I want my ultimate job to be once I get out of the military next november.. My budget would be somewhere under $1300

Originally Posted by Bee eM Cee
Wow what a PCS. 45 minutes away from your old duty station. Lucky fucker.
Trust me this was the last set of orders I wanted.. I tried going to japan/greece/bahrain but no dice, shit ass detailer wanted me on a ship.. I can't wait for when I get out.. he's going to get a nice phone call from me..

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
If you want to have fun/relax see if any of the townhouses back in Aries on the Bay are up for rent. Its a great place to live w/ lots of great neighboors. You'll have little to no yard work, it's a 3 min walk to the beach, and you're on shore drive so you can easily hit up the bars there, town center, or hop down northhampton and get on 64 to 264 to Norfolk etc.
Thanks I'll have to check that out.. Sounds like what I'm looking for..

Anyone know of any places that I should be looking out for as in NOT where to rent from? Anyone with bad experiences?
Old 03-12-2008, 06:27 AM
D.Nick
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dizz81

Trust me this was the last set of orders I wanted.. I tried going to japan/greece/bahrain but no dice, shit ass detailer wanted me on a ship.. I can't wait for when I get out.. he's going to get a nice phone call from me..
I know how that is. I wanted to go to Cali or Okinawa sooo damn bad but they wanted to keep me in shitty ass hicktown NC. My old Master Guns lives in Va Beach. I can't wait till I see him around. Oh man its gonna be glorious.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:28 AM
dizz81
Gas Killer

lol
Old 03-12-2008, 06:39 AM
Hondas_Only
Do You Want More?

Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only

shore duty or sea? and how long till your EAOS? reason i'm asking is because now is a prime time to buy a house in hampton roads because prices are approaching rock bottom, and the area around little creek base is actually pretty decent. my mortgage is only 1K per month and i got my place before the bubble burst. so you should be able to get a steal.. and more than likely, in 4 years or so, the market will be on the rebound by then.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:41 AM
1BDAZM
Registered Member

1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM

Buy my house....
Old 03-12-2008, 07:20 AM
dizz81
Gas Killer

ok.. Not trying to buy a house as I have less than 2yrs before I get out of the military.. I just need to rent, when I have a solid job and I know if I'm actually going to be staying in virginia after I get out of the military.. Then I will decide on buying a house..

But since I'm QUITE uncertain if I'm actually going to be staying in this state, I'd rather not jump on a house right now..

Quick Reply: Moving to Va beach/Norfolk.. Some info?