Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

PLEASE Figure this out.

Old 03-23-2008, 12:14 PM
CarShowz
U LòÓk Mad !!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these parts
Default PLEASE Figure this out.

I drove my questionably healthy 89 Nissan 240Sx from Portsmouth VA to Long Island NY. I did a complete oil change and radiator flush before the trip and made the 7hour drive with absolutely no problems whatsoever. Then I drove from NY to Hartford CT.

The ride was going fine then I noticed my Engine temp needle was reading at Zero! I slowed down to pull over on the shoulder and the car died and was overheating. I had NO OIL at all!

How the hell do you magically have no oil with no prior symptons of blue smoke from the exhaust, no evidence of any leaking, and no indication of overheating from the needle on your dashboard.

Please Help.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:06 PM
Rueben
hungry

Rueben Rueben Rueben Rueben Rueben Rueben Rueben Rueben Rueben Rueben Rueben
Default Re: PLEASE Figure this out.

are there any leaks of oil anywhere? you might have not tightened the bolt or the oil filter
Old 03-23-2008, 02:11 PM
slamd_s_dyme

slamd_s_dyme has disabled reputation

Alot of times the old seal on the oil filter will get stuck to the block. If its not removed the new filter will go on just fine but will not seal at all. Could also be an air bubble in the cooling system somewhere but that wouldnt explain the oil.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:27 PM
CarShowz
U LòÓk Mad !!

CarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by -RJ-
are there any leaks of oil anywhere? you might have not tightened the bolt or the oil filter
that's whats odd to me....the drain plug is on fine.....and i didnt "double seal" the oil filter. nothing is damp in those areas but I do understand what your saying. I'll check it again.

But with saying that how would the car of made it 500miles from VA to CT and then finally lose oil.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:37 PM
slamd_s_dyme

slamd_s_dyme has disabled reputation

The 500 mile trip is what makes me wonder. I rebuilt an engine for a guy who left the plug out and he didnt make it 30 miles before the motor locked up.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:40 PM
del_sol_t00nR
Registered Member

del_sol_t00nR has disabled reputation

I've seen this many times.

Those dirty leprechauns stole all your oil.

They got me lucky charms!!!!

bastards...
Old 03-23-2008, 03:17 PM
CarShowz
U LòÓk Mad !!

Originally Posted by slamd_s_dyme
The 500 mile trip is what makes me wonder. I rebuilt an engine for a guy who left the plug out and he didnt make it 30 miles before the motor locked up.
I'm starting to think I'll be buying a train ticket to come back. I started the car and let to let it warm up and it started to steam from somewhere at the bottom of the block. My uncle said try to poor some radiator fuid in since the hose was still cold n it took almsot half the bottle. I think I just made my last major drive in this car.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:18 PM
j4k3
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3

You DID put oil in, correct?
Old 03-23-2008, 04:18 PM
j4k3
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3

You DID put oil in, correct?
Old 03-23-2008, 04:47 PM
Odysseus Prime
Previously Odyssey

Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime Odysseus Prime

He would not have made it 500 miles if he hadn't.