Notices
Vendor Reviews Post and read reviews for ANY business vendor, including dealerships, that you've dealt with, positive or negative. This is open to anybody and everybody, not restricted to Sponsors. If you're looking for a vendor/service try asking in one of the Regional Forums.

Beach Ford Collision- VA Beach (long/pics)

Old 04-14-2008, 05:52 PM
Fiziks
my name is andy.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks
Default Beach Ford Collision- VA Beach (long/pics)

My car got in a front ~25mph accident about last summer/fall.

8.5k in damages Anways I requested some different things from stock on my car (M5 front bumper, grill, etc.). Service manager was a little stiff to put anything other than was my car originally even tho it was in the OEM catalog for my car, for the same price. I also supplied them with headlights that I already had, which they again were not readily willing to put on even thou it's the exact same as OEM, and even saved them time/money/hassle.

The major thing was that I already had a dinan CAI in my trunk waiting to get installed when I got in the accident. I told the service manager not to bother ordering the stock air box and just put on the dinan one I had in the trunk. He said no problem. I get a call back a week later saying he cannot install the CAI in my trunk due to insurance regulations, blah blah blah. He said he would order and install the stock airbox as originally planned and leave my dinan intake for me to install later. Sounds good to me.

Waited about 3 months to get my car back because above everything else they ordered and painted the completely wrong bumper. When I did finally get my car back, it was missing all kinds of fog light and grill trim pieces. I decided I had raised enough fuss and could order the ~$50 of trim pieces myself. Also the whole car was very dusty and dirty, even on the pieces with the new paint. The engine bay was also covered in a layer of dirt and grime that was not there before the accident. I must give praise where it is due and the fitments on the hood and bumper were perfect, I even went at it with a ruler. At least one person working there knows their stuff.

After opening up the throttle a bit a week or so after I got my car back, I thought it sounded alot louder than it used to be. I open the hood and poke around a bit to find the air box top cover was in place, yet no filter, bottom half of the air box, or the plumbing in the bumper that provides fresh air.

I called the service manager that same minute and demanded why he would have let me drive off the lot when he knew that there was no air filter in my car. He said that it was written off and that I agreed that I would install a customer supplied intake. I gently reminded him that he said he would not install the dinan CAI and would install the stock one instead. After a good 30 minutes of talking he agreed to send a flatbed to my house to get it fixed correctly.Got my car back a week after that and finally was content.

Then starting about a month ago a had a small coolant leak overnight, 1/2-1 cup would drip out overnight. Also it is worth mentioning that the paint looks amazing, but seems really thin as some rock chips have seriously messed up the clear coat and paint, where my last hood/bumper at ~90k was in much better shape. I took it to DP motorwerks who said it was a hairline fracture in my radiator, something that Beach Ford repaired in my accident. After about 5 calls (that is a conservative number, I probably called more than that) of getting secretary's or his voice mail I finally got in touch with the service manager.

He said he would have to get in touch with the after market radiator company to see if they would honor a free replacement. A week after that call, I get a call back saying that they would replace it free of charge and he would order it that day and would call me when it arrived (he quoted me around the 1/2nd of April as when it would arrive.) He is lucky they honored that because he would be in a shit storm he he said no.

Days turn into weeks and I still have heard nothing. Meanwhile I have been buying coolant jugs every 10 days or so. I go into their shop last friday (4/11) and he looks surprised to see me. "Yeah man uhh sorry we got that in we can schedule you for Monday morning, everything else is booked until next month.."

I drop my car off this morning at 7AM, and they tell me it should be done this afternoon. I drive by at around 1PM and my car is not in the parking lot so I'm hoping for the best. I get a call from a receptionist at 5:40 saying my car is ready, and that I can come and pick it up whenever I want. "But we close at six". I seriously doubt it took them close to 10 hours to fix that. I get there today at 5:57~ and again, the manager looks surprised I am there. I grab my keys and go with less than a sentence spoken.

I notice that my car was driven 7 miles from when I dropped it off, which I may be little picky about but seems like a bit far for a test ride. Anyways. I get home and inspect the engine bay. Coolant splashed all over the right side of the engine bay, some on my headlight wiring. Shop dust everywhere that again was not there when I dropped it off. I don't have any pics of the soaked engine bay today but I'll post them tomorrow maybe. I already cleaned most of the liquid up.

I'm hoping this radiator lasts or I will raise hell over there again until I get a OEM BMW or a Zionsville.

tl;dr

I rate them 2/10

Bad service
Half-assed work
Bad wait times
Decent bodywork
Decent paint
Old 04-15-2008, 05:45 AM
Lord Humongous
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous
Default Re: Beach Ford Collision- VA Beach (long/pics)

Why would you take a BMW to Beach Ford?
Old 04-15-2008, 06:18 AM
PyAri

PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri PyAri

^^I was expecting to see a Ford or at least a domestic when I clicked on the thread.
Either way, that's really shitty service. Why did you end up going with them?
Old 04-15-2008, 06:26 AM
gene
NA No V-tec D

gene is a jewel in the roughgene is a jewel in the roughgene is a jewel in the roughgene is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by NFCstang
Why would you take a BMW to Beach Ford?
that place might be a "approved" repair facility for his insurance company, just a guess
Old 04-15-2008, 07:33 AM
Fiziks
my name is andy.

Originally Posted by gene
that place might be a "approved" repair facility for his insurance company, just a guess
Yup.

The only approved BMW center around was casey in NN, which was just too far. I now know the difference. I could have gone with a non-approved center but then I would not have had a lifetime warranty on the parts they replaced through USAA.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:01 PM
Lord Humongous
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

IF it were me, I would only take it to a place that specializes in BMWs....
Old 04-16-2008, 08:02 AM
solareon
Registered Member

solareon has disabled reputation

i had my escape repaired at beach ford after a rear end collision. The paint was kind of half ass cause the rear hatch no longer matches the rest of the car. Also I suspect they didn't check the rear end alignment cause my rear tires are feathered to all hell now.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:40 PM
Fiziks
my name is andy.

Originally Posted by Big McLargeHuge
IF it were me, I would only take it to a place that specializes in BMWs....
I would have, but like I said Beach ford is the only one in VB that USAA would give me a lifetime replacement of parts fixed, the next closest BMW center was in Newport News, which is just too far for me.

However I know the difference now.
Old 05-17-2008, 04:59 AM
ramdog
Registered Member

ramdog is a splendid one to beholdramdog is a splendid one to beholdramdog is a splendid one to beholdramdog is a splendid one to beholdramdog is a splendid one to beholdramdog is a splendid one to beholdramdog is a splendid one to behold

they did great work on my f150 but it did take longer than they originally said at first. They also ended up charging me more because of the side moldings that I had on the truck. all in all probably wont go to them again just wasnt pleased with service that I recieved.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:54 AM
1BDAZM
Registered Member

1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM 1BDAZM

They painted my GS400 after some bitch I used to call my wife keyed the whole car.. THEY SUCK a fat one.. they had to paint the car 3 times.. cause I would not accept it. Looked like they had sanded it with 80 grit and could still see the scuff through the black paint. Left the electronic key outside in the rain made them replace that too... Only went there cause it was and approved repair center... NEVER AGAIN

Quick Reply: Beach Ford Collision- VA Beach (long/pics)