Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

*PICS* Crashed the bike on Broad St. last night

Old 08-14-2003, 05:28 PM
Del La Sol 1320
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation
Default *PICS* Crashed the bike on Broad St. last night

For those not interested in the story skip below for pics:

Well after 1.5 years and 20 some thousand miles it happened... was heading down the main street here from one bike hang out spot to another to possibly pick up a few more guys for a quick ride before i headed home for the night, my buddy was in front and to the left of me on his 02' SV650 and pulled up a wheelie doing between 45-60mph, he's pretty good at them but this one got a little wobbly while he was up and he came down with the bars all crossed up and in a quick tank slapper high side looking thing got thrown off the bike, to my horror his bike changed lanes and came directly in front of me, it all happened so fast i didn't have a chance to get any brake or swerve so in a quick muscle spasm i braced for whatever was about to happen, i hit the 7,000$ jump ramp and get launched pretty high from what i hear from witnesses, then came down nose first and sideways and got tossed shoulder first into the street, i started sliding and then was struct from behind by my own bike trying to pass me, then i caught up to it and hit it once more, then i tried to stand up but realized i was still doing like 10 mph and got thrown back down, finally got up and ran to the side of the road very stunned and with my shoulder hurting badly, i asked joe if he was ok as i dropped to the grass, within seconds the other two guys i was riding with and a whole stadium of bystanders gathered and made us both stay still and wait for the ambulances, i could tell he was worse off than me but i had feeling in everything, just some rash on my knee and a left arm that i couldn't move very much with out alot of pain, i finally convince them i'm ok to remove my helmet and jacket once i answered a bunch of questions to make sure i was coherant, ambulance arrived and me and joe were loaded in, he apologized and i assured him there were no hard feelings... once at the hospital i had calmed down alot knowing i was going to be ok, in fact its wierd to say but the whole night was a blast when i realized how lucky i was, from what witnesses said they were sure we were both dead it was a really really messy wreck, being 21 years old and never having broken a single bone or anything i'd say i was about due, and its not like i'm out of a 10,000$ bike, i bought it wrecked and fixed it just enough to get it rideable because i knew things like this could happen and i want to be able to just brush it off and hop back on, i had fun joking with all the nurses and doctors and just high off the fact that i had come out virtually unscathed from what could have been a deadly accident... x-rays reveal i had broken the joint that my upper shoulder goes into, i also had some rash on my left knee and minor scrapes on my right leg as well as a sore ass and sore neck but nothing major, joe had a little more rash than me on his leg and hip and had a nasty break in his collar bone, but he got to go home too... i was wearing my arai rx7rr4 helmet, vanson hurricane perforated jacket w/ back protector and soft armor, alpinestar gp-plus gloves, jeans, and leather timberland boots, the helmet, jacket, gloves and boots all did their jobs magnificantly, especially the jacket and helmet, my jeans ripped but my leather belt saved my hips... joe had a hjc cl12 helmet, tour master textile jacket and some sort of gloves and those all held up pretty well too... neither of us were charged with anything the report just said he lost control and i hit his bike... went and looked at both our bikes today, his starts and rides just fine, needs a new shifter and handle bars though and his tank is dented with a little rash... mine didn't fair so well but is fully and easily fixable, starts and runs just fine with no leaks, windscreen is gone, right clip on totally snapped off, frame slider saved some but i have a nasty couple dents in my frame, rash on all fairings, cracked front, exhaust is all bent/cracked/scraped, brake lever gone, foot brake bent, swing arm sliders bent up, rim scratched... we both are with progressive and filed a claim but will find more out about that tomorrow

doesn't look so bad

thats gonna hurt the resale value
i think the swing arm slider needed the extra ground clearance anyways
Old 08-14-2003, 05:29 PM
Del La Sol 1320
Registered Member

more...

nothing duct tape wont fix
dash mounted suicide shifter style throttle
Old 08-14-2003, 05:30 PM
Del La Sol 1320
Registered Member

last ones...

see the break where the shoulder goes into the socket mr. percocet you are my only friend
Old 08-14-2003, 05:50 PM
FlimFlam
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

I was coming home last night leaving Rock o' la and saw the carnage of this wreck...glad you made it out ok..same to your buddy. BTW, i believe i heard both of your bikes earlier that night and they sounded very very nice. Good luck with the healing and rebuilding your bike.
Old 08-14-2003, 06:23 PM
Slimsta Jimsta
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta

damn, glad to hear yall are alright
Old 08-14-2003, 06:31 PM
The Wok
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok

now i really want to get a bike so i can break stuff!
Old 08-14-2003, 06:49 PM
Sled
wat

Sled has disabled reputation

damn homie, glad to hear you're ok

and the suicide shifter/throttle is dope
Old 08-14-2003, 07:31 PM
sargeek1975

sargeek1975 is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad you're ok.

It came with two wheels for a reason. Make sure your friend knows that.

Knock on wood: I've been riding since 92 and haven't wrecked or dropped a bike yet. I've been hit once but still kept the bike up.

Worste was running over a semi tire on the Jersey turnpike at 1am while doing 80. Not fun. Rear tire came up about 3-4 feet off the ground. Had to make the rest of the trip with no front brake and no coolant. From Jersey to Mass. About 200 and something miles. I was just happy I didn't get into a slapper.
Old 08-14-2003, 08:38 PM
Tainty_McFshStx
<========8 ROBBCOCKS

Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx

ya bret glad yall are ok and the bikes are repairable
Old 08-15-2003, 04:42 AM
xbeakerx
MR2D2

xbeakerx is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm glad your fine... a little over two years my father and i got in a motorcycle accident. my father crushed his pulvic(sp?) bone and i just had minor scratchs, but i was extremely luck i actually went over my father and hit him in the head with my crotch and landed on the stopped car infront of us and bounced off and landed in the next lane and was almost hit by a oncoming car. to explain what happened we came around a corner and a car stopped very quickly in front of us and we pretty much couldnt stop... well i hope everything works out for you and you rebuild your bike cause the worse thing for you now is to not face your fear of riding again... ask my dad, he is already looking at a bike to buy...

Quick Reply: *PICS* Crashed the bike on Broad St. last night