Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Need a Bedliner Spray Gun

Old 05-05-2008, 07:31 PM
catfSSh
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh
Default Need a Bedliner Spray Gun

Well I've started a little project of mine since I got home from college and I need someone to help me out.

I ripped out the carpet in my daily driver and plan on spraying bedliner in the interior for more waterproofing and ease. I can't fork out 300 bucks getting a shop to do it and I wouldn't mind trying it out myself. If anyone has done this before by themselves or has a spray gun for bedliner it would be greatly appreciated if I could borrow it for a weekend.

Any and all help is welcome.

Thanks,

Adam V.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:37 PM
ritz
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz
Default Re: Need a Bedliner Spray Gun

Why don't you just get the roll on shit from the auto parts store?

I think they have spray can stuff too.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:44 PM
catfSSh
Registered member

catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh catfSSh

Originally Posted by ritz
Why don't you just get the roll on shit from the auto parts store?

I think they have spray can stuff too.
roll on your say?

I have no idea what I'm getting into but I just know I can't spend too much and want to do it myself. Honestly I had no idea there was a roll on kit.

Let me know anything you know about it. I'm not overly concerned about looks either, just mostly having a rugged durable water proof interior.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:44 PM
p-stone
Uno Mas

p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone p-stone

I've tried the aerosol can and the finish isn't very consistent for larger areas. It would work good on trim pieces and such where you wouldn't have to worry about overlap.

I've still got that POS gravity-fed Husky gun I was telling you about. You're more than welcome to have it, but it would need a decent cleaning with some thinner or acetone to tidy up the needle and pickup tube.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:48 PM
catfSSh
Registered member

Originally Posted by p-stone
I've tried the aerosol can and the finish isn't very consistent for larger areas. It would work good on trim pieces and such where you wouldn't have to worry about overlap.

I've still got that POS gravity-fed Husky gun I was telling you about. You're more than welcome to have it, but it would need a decent cleaning with some thinner or acetone to tidy up the needle and pickup tube.
I'll keep that in mind. I'm not sure how much of the floorboard I will be spraying so I might not need anything too serious.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:50 PM
ritz
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

Originally Posted by catfSSh
roll on your say?

I have no idea what I'm getting into but I just know I can't spend too much and want to do it myself. Honestly I had no idea there was a roll on kit.

Let me know anything you know about it. I'm not overly concerned about looks either, just mostly having a rugged durable water proof interior.
Yeah this stuff right here.

They sell it at local auto part stores. It's not spray on, but its cheap and will probably be a lot easier to get. I think it's like $40 or $50 for a gallon. I honestly can't remember.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:23 PM
SMOKEYBEAR
WHITE TRASH

SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR SMOKEYBEAR

Originally Posted by ritz
Yeah this stuff right here.

They sell it at local auto part stores. It's not spray on, but its cheap and will probably be a lot easier to get. I think it's like $40 or $50 for a gallon. I honestly can't remember.
A friend and I used that on the entire inside of his Suburban. It's his beach truck, now he can rinse it out with the hose. It's a little messy to clean up and will ruin the roller, paint brush and your t-shirt, we just threw it all in the trash when we were done. It works great for the purpose and a lot cheaper than paying someone to spray it.

edit: It can be unfriendly on bare feet.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:32 PM
catfSSh
Registered member

keep em coming
Old 05-05-2008, 08:51 PM
98formulaLS1
Registered Member

98formulaLS1 will become famous soon enough

dude, I rolled on my bedliner. You can go buy a gallon of Herculiner with the roller and everything else you need from Wal_mart in the Bed Liner Kit for like $70 or $80.

Don't waste your time trying to spray it on. It's too hecktic, especially if you dont already have the equipment you need. Rolling it on looks just fine, especially for the samuria.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:53 AM
catfSSh
Registered member

Originally Posted by 98formulaLS1
dude, I rolled on my bedliner. You can go buy a gallon of Herculiner with the roller and everything else you need from Wal_mart in the Bed Liner Kit for like $70 or $80.

Don't waste your time trying to spray it on. It's too hecktic, especially if you dont already have the equipment you need. Rolling it on looks just fine, especially for the samuria.
yea im leaning toward the roll on stuff right now.

although, whats the deal about it being harsh on bare feet? its going to cover most of my floorboards and during the summer i rarely wear shoes.

Quick Reply: Need a Bedliner Spray Gun