Notices
Import - EUROPE Vehicles from European manufacturers go here.

87 e30 coupe m50 swap;5lug;plastic bumpers

Old 05-14-2008 | 10:50 PM
Archer
Super Secret Agent

Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer
Default 87 e30 coupe m50 swap;5lug;plastic bumpers

Okay guys, heres the deal.

Alex Topik
1987 BMW 325e coupe
odometer reads 14x,xxx miles - this is not actual. closer to 180k on body
contact me via PM
title is clear
Asking price: $6,900 but highly negotiable. I can remove parts from the car that I'd like to keep to lower the price, or add some nice parts that I have recently purchased if you'd like them.

This car just received a VA inspection and emmissions. Its all good to go!

New parts include: waterpump(metal impeller),tstat housing(metal) , new belts, new lower end seals and gaskets like oil pan and main seals, filterhousing seals, and various orings, new valve cover seals. new maf, new o2 sensor, new intake boot, new cone style air filter,new master cylinder and brake booster, new alternator. new radiator and hoses. new fan clutch, new clutch clutch. new ecu, new ansa cat back, new tierods, new strut housings, basically every suspension bushing has been replaced.

Engine/Tranny:
I have an 87 e30 with a m50 swap from an e34 5 series with 90k miles on it. The swap is currently using the stock e30 transmission and open 4.10 diff and it drives VERY well. It pulls hard through all the gears and its definitely a quick car. The swap is fairly clean, although it could use a little tiding up - brackets to hold a couple of relays that are zipties now, nothing major. It has an ansa catback exhaust and a cat. Quiet but good exhaust tone. The transmission shifts wonderfully. Very notchy and solid feeling. Probably the best feeling gearbox in an e30 I've driven.

Suspension/Steering/Brakes:
The car has a 5 lug swap using e36 front brakes, e36ti rear brakes/hubs, 97 m3 control arms, M3 struts/shocks and cosmos (ebay) springs. The brakes all have good life left on them and stop car very well. great improvement over stock brakes. The powersteering rack is leaking a little bit. It may be repairable, but it barely leaks at all. Maybe 1 small drop over the course of several days.

Exterior:
The car is converted to 89+ plastic bumpers and front valence with fogs/brake ducts. These are generally the more sought after bumpers as they look great. In the pictures the car is missing trim, i'm just waiting for it to show up at my house. Currently has Ireland engineering fender flares installed with the stock fenders cut to maximize tire clearance. Elipsoid headlights; one of the high beams has a small crack, and the headlight/driver side window are pitted. The clear coat is chipping along the driverside rear quarter panel but should be able to be repaired fairly cheaply - the paint itself isn't badly damaged. The trim could use a refesher but thats a day job that should only cost 25 bucks in paint. I could take care of this for an interested buyer.There are a couple minor dents and dings as well. Nothing out of the ordinary for a 21 year old car.

Tires/Wheels:
17x8 M contour replicas. Front has brand new tires, Rears are worn but still have a good amount of tread left.

Audio: The car currently has a decent eclipse deck in it with diamond audio speakers and some sort of amp. I'm not into car audio but it sounds pretty good to me. The amp is connected and I have it tied down in the trunk, could use a neater mounting job.

Interior: Car has the very desireable black houndstooth interior. Both the door cards, carpets and back seats are in great condition! The under steering wheel trim is somewhat broken, but I should be able to get it reinstalled with better hardware. The knob for turning the manual sunroof as broken off but these are very easy to replace. I was honestly going to remove everything and just toss a CF sunroof on. Has a nice steering wheel of unknown brand with a quick release hub. I wasn't to keen on this at first but it really grew on me - very nice to drive with. Also currently has a set of period correct recaro race seats in it. They are excelent! They fit the car perfectly and really give good support. Has a crappy shift knob you'd probably want to get rid of and a ripped shift boot. hamann ebrake handle.

All in all this car drives like a beast and is very very solid.

I'm motivated to sell this car quickly as I've found a deal on another car I've wanted for a long time that I'd be silly not to jump on. If you are remotely interested get with me and we may be able to work something out.

I would sell the car for $6000 without the houndstooth interior and Recaro seats - which I think is a great discount.

Optional parts I have that could be included with the car include:

Shaved front valence w/ laminix fogs and brakeducts + iS lip painted white - $250
iS front lip splitter in black w/ all hardware $80
european bumper trim $150
BMP design front plate delete kit $25

Pictures:

Car is a bit dirty but you get the idea.

Photobucket is being lame at the moment - more up shortly car

Also: I would be willing to trade the 5-lug setup on the car for a 4 lug setup + cash on your end. Could go straight up if you include nice suspension parts (ie coilovers/nice shocks). The M contours could go with the 5 lug for an additional amount as well so long as I can find some bottlecaps or somethign to toss on the four lug.

Last edited by Archer; 05-14-2008 at 11:38 PM.
Old 05-15-2008 | 12:01 AM
Vanilla Face
face is vanilla

Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face Vanilla Face
Default Re: Hate to do this: 87 e30 coupe m50 swap;5lug;plastic bumpers

bummer.
Old 05-15-2008 | 12:08 AM
User 102020
Registered member

User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020

<---has ridden in this car.

Makes all the right sounds, feels like it should and pulls pretty damn hard. Fun car. Well worth it.
Old 05-15-2008 | 12:16 AM
Archer
Super Secret Agent

thanks for the vouche meng. This car is solid and I definitely would love to hang onto it. Unfortunately I'm not baller enough to keep it and afford this other car.
Old 05-15-2008 | 03:32 AM
Si Steezo
muziklounge.com

Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo

pm sent.
Old 05-15-2008 | 03:44 AM
Si Steezo
muziklounge.com

Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo Si Steezo

bump because your interior is sexy.
Old 05-15-2008 | 08:45 AM
Archer
Super Secret Agent

Originally Posted by Si Steezo
bump because your interior is sexy.
thanks man! replied to your pm.
Old 05-15-2008 | 10:51 AM
Tito
Bro'd Out

Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito Tito

pictures of interior. just cause i want to see it.
Old 05-17-2008 | 04:57 PM
Hardtop00SS
Registered Member

Hardtop00SS Hardtop00SS Hardtop00SS Hardtop00SS Hardtop00SS Hardtop00SS Hardtop00SS Hardtop00SS

ahhh, E30 with M50............ahhhh.............dammit.........
Old 05-17-2008 | 04:58 PM
Hardtop00SS
Registered Member

Hardtop00SS Hardtop00SS Hardtop00SS Hardtop00SS Hardtop00SS Hardtop00SS Hardtop00SS Hardtop00SS

any pics that work btw?

Quick Reply: 87 e30 coupe m50 swap;5lug;plastic bumpers