Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

ACU 4 Sundays

Old 05-19-2008, 10:26 AM
want2race
New VeeDub Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
want2race will become famous soon enoughwant2race will become famous soon enough
Default ACU 4 Sundays

Anyone know what the deal is with ACU-4 at NAB Little Creek is? I was playing golf yesterday, and I heard cars racing around on their ramp area. Someone told me there is a club there that runs autoX and drift comps 1-2 Sundays a month?!?!
Old 05-19-2008, 10:29 AM
blah
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
Default Re: ACU 4 Sundays

https://www.vadriven.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28
Old 05-19-2008, 10:39 AM
Broke Neck
-8th Day Clothing-

Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck

No drifting, just Auto X
Old 05-19-2008, 04:30 PM
sjfehr
Registered member

sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr

What's funny is I found them the exact same way, accidentally stumbling on the club a few years ago when they were racing at fentriss! I was looking for the R/C airplane club, and found the sports car club instead, lol...

They have 1 autocross race a month; it's completely open to the public, next race is May 18th. (There are a few other clubs in the area, too; NASA [national auto sports association] has a race up at Langley this weekend, for instance.)

For TSCC, you can sign up on the website in advance, or swing by ACU4 with your neon before 1100 or so (earlier the better) and tell the person at the gate you want to race, they'll tell you what to do. It's very newbie-friendly, and there are always a lot of novices running.

http://www.tidewatersportscarclub.com/

There's going to be a test & tune May 31st at the old ford lot up battlefield blvd, which would be even better for you, as you'll get a lot of seat time, and go into your first race knowing what to do. Normal race-days, you get 4 runs, whereas a test-and-tune, you might get 10 or 30 runs in, depends on how many people show up.

You're racing by yourself around cones and against the clock, so there's very little risk to you or your car. Helmets are required, but there are loaner helmets available if you don't have your own yet. You'll need to take everything out of your car- the trunk and glovebox have to be completely empty; even the floor mats have to come out. The only thing you might need to do is securely bolt/strap down your battery if it's not securely fastened. You can do this at home or at the track; most people clean out most stuff at home, but still have a little pile of crap by their car.

Everyone who races also "works", which for novices mostly amounts to standing in a safe part of the track (2 or 3 people per station), and picking up cones people knock over. The coordinators set all this up, and will pair you with an experienced person.

Edit: wait a minute... 2004? Did I miss net sarcasm again? *sigh*

Last edited by sjfehr; 05-19-2008 at 04:39 PM.