Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

I need work

Old 05-20-2008, 05:21 AM
6CYLINDRSYMPHNY
Function > Form

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY
Default I need work

Im not entirely sure that this is allowed but i didnt see anything in the rules against it. Please delete if its not allowed and Im sorry in advance.

I need a job for the summer... BAD. I can pass a backround check and piss test no problem. I am currently attending JMU, am a senior and will be home until Aug. on summer break. I am majoring in Business Management.

Everywhere I've applied locally, they either are no longer hiring or they require experience in the field.

I will continue to search for employment but I figured that I would give this a shot. I thought, "Whats the worst that could happen besides Spic, Amen telling me I suck at life"?

Im looking for anything with a lot of hours and decent pay. I have experience in surveying, a lot of customer service, audio/video installation and a decent amount of business training from school.

Any constructive suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!
Old 05-20-2008, 05:26 AM
Computer_Nerd
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Re: I need work

How hard are you really looking? Mexicans don't seem to have any problem finding jobs. Go to Home Depot very early in the morning and bring some good work gloves. Am sure you'll get a bunch of hours.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:34 AM
6CYLINDRSYMPHNY
Function > Form

6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY

Originally Posted by Digital4N6
How hard are you really looking? Mexicans don't seem to have any problem finding jobs. Go to Home Depot very early in the morning and bring some good work gloves. Am sure you'll get a bunch of hours.
I dont have any real laboring skills. As sad as it is, I would be bested by the Mexicans that are in front of 7-11, Home Depot , etc. becuase I dont have experience in roofing, tiling, construction...

For the record, I had thought about it. Also, thought about going to Labor Ready but didnt for the the same reason.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:59 AM
Newbsauce
1.6L Elitist

Newbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these parts

Temp agencies... my girlfriend and a few friends have done it when they were between jobs.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:04 AM
6CYLINDRSYMPHNY
Function > Form

Originally Posted by Newbsauce
Temp agencies... my girlfriend and a few friends have done it when they were between jobs.
I thought those were more like a window into a career? Also, I doubt they would want someone to "train " for three months, then leave.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:08 AM
ForcedFedTeg
loved by all

ForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these parts

try some big retail stores. They love noobs.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:20 AM
6CYLINDRSYMPHNY
Function > Form

Originally Posted by ForcedFedTeg
try some big retail stores. They love noobs.
I've applied at everything in my area, just about. No one seems to be hiring. Also, ity doesn't help that I dont have a cell phone any more. It fell into a stream and down a sewer when we had that 3 day storm a week ago and I have no money to buy a new one.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:52 AM
kyddo112
Broke

kyddo112 has disabled reputation

Temp agencies like someone arleady mentioned. It'll be your best bet as they can find a job for you quick and employers don't mind hiring temps as they know you'll be leaving, or they can opt to hire you as a full time employee. I've had several friends go through temp agencies during summer time and have all had decent office jobs for the summer. Some of them have been good that the employers ask them to come back during winter/spring break.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:57 AM
6CYLINDRSYMPHNY
Function > Form

Originally Posted by kyddo112
Temp agencies like someone arleady mentioned. It'll be your best bet as they can find a job for you quick and employers don't mind hiring temps as they know you'll be leaving, or they can opt to hire you as a full time employee. I've had several friends go through temp agencies during summer time and have all had decent office jobs for the summer. Some of them have been good that the employers ask them to come back during winter/spring break.
How would one go about finding a temp agency thats hiring? Aside from Google...
Old 05-20-2008, 07:38 AM
dorifto83

dorifto83 dorifto83

yellow pages
http://www.yellowpages.com/22030~Fai...ms=temp+agency
put whatever your zip is, they're all over the place.

Quick Reply: I need work