Notices
Vendor Reviews Post and read reviews for ANY business vendor, including dealerships, that you've dealt with, positive or negative. This is open to anybody and everybody, not restricted to Sponsors. If you're looking for a vendor/service try asking in one of the Regional Forums.

Redline Customs Screwed Me!

Old 05-25-2008, 09:37 AM
CiviCboy90
Nasty Civic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CiviCboy90 has disabled reputation
Default Redline Customs Screwed Me!

Whats up,

I'm here to warn everyone who is thinking about having work done to their ride at Redline Customs to NOT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!
Ricky at redline put a B16 in my 90 civic and now I'm having problems. Sometimes when you start the car it will cut right back off, and continually do it until you start it and give it gas. Also he put butt connectors on every wire that he had to cut (instead of doing it the right way). He also didn't even mount my intake so that was just hanging on by the clamp, and he left loose wires hanging dangerously close to my cooling fan ( just waiting to get caught up and ripped out) he also left wire looms hanging not even a inch away from the alternator belt ( once again just waiting to get wrapped up and ripped out). And he installed a tach that doesn't work properly and still charged me! Also my check engine light keeps popping on.

Any one who had a bad experience with I would greatly appreciate it if you could e-mail me at smithlatney@yahoo.com with what happened and a contact number because I plan on taking him to court to get my money for all labor charges. Once again if you had any type of bad transaction with him please contact me! And anyone who's thinking about doing business with DO NOT DO IT GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-25-2008, 11:19 AM
BigandSlow
Works on MBs

BigandSlow is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Redline Customs Screwed Me!

Did you ever take it back to him so he could have a chance to fix it?
Old 05-25-2008, 12:43 PM
9civic5
DUKE BLUE DEVILS

9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by BigandSlow
Did you ever take it back to him so he could have a chance to fix it?
That's what I'm saying. ??? Why would you drive it away from the shop in that condition?
Old 05-25-2008, 12:47 PM
Schmitty
JUICE!!!

Schmitty has disabled reputation

give him a chance to fix it dude.. he put a paxton 2000 supercharger on my buddies dakota and did a great job maybe he was having an off day?
Old 05-25-2008, 02:48 PM
eddiesauto
Registered Member

eddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these parts

yeah I have personally hepled ricky do work and your the only one who I know of that has had problems and he has not taken care of it.call him and ask him (dont be a dick about it) cause that will not get you anywhere with any company and ask him to take care of it and you might be suprised at how easy it is to fix this situation and by the way you will not get all your money back as he did install the swap.you might get it adjusted but that its and then have to pay someone else to fix it.just call him or go by there and ask him to take care of it
Old 05-26-2008, 06:39 AM
CiviCboy90
Nasty Civic

First of all I'm not trying to be a dick about! And I do plan on going by there and seeing if we can work this out. I'm not an unreasonable person, if ricky can get it straight then it's no problem. Although I have been hearing that other people have had problems with him. Court is a option that I don't want to take, but for the money I paid I do expect a good swap job, the wires thing should have been done right the first time. But thanks for your feed back!
Old 05-26-2008, 06:41 AM
CiviCboy90
Nasty Civic

And when I first left I didn't notice it in that condition. If Ricky just gets it straight I won't expect any money back! I just want my car running correctly!
Old 05-26-2008, 07:19 AM
streetbeat911
Registered Member

streetbeat911 has disabled reputation

jaja

Last edited by streetbeat911; 11-13-2008 at 07:37 PM.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:12 AM
RAW RHD
AA MOTORSPORTS FTMFW

RAW RHD has disabled reputation

Did you just call it VTECH and then refer to the Shop and it's employees' as "HILLBILLY rednecks?"
Old 05-27-2008, 05:46 AM
EH3_SOHC
for alarms/rmt-strts

EH3_SOHC has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by i30dvr
Did you just call it VTECH and then refer to the Shop and it's employees' as "HILLBILLY rednecks?"
i believe thats his friends user name...

Quick Reply: Redline Customs Screwed Me!