Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

need help with laptop

Old 05-27-2008, 05:12 PM
nftuatn
baller/dickbutt#69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn
Default need help with laptop

i acquired a laptop out of an abandoned vehicle we towed...(i processed the vehicle like were supposed to so it belongs to me before all you start bitching about someone stealing something)...my question is this.is there a way to bypass the old screen name and password and clear out the cpu and start over?
Old 05-27-2008, 05:17 PM
toyota_aristo
Registered Member

toyota_aristo is a jewel in the roughtoyota_aristo is a jewel in the roughtoyota_aristo is a jewel in the roughtoyota_aristo is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: need help with laptop

Originally Posted by nftuatn
i acquired a laptop out of an abandoned vehicle we towed...(i processed the vehicle like were supposed to so it belongs to me before all you start bitching about someone stealing something)...my question is this.is there a way to bypass the old screen name and password and clear out the cpu and start over?
What operating system? There are ways to reset the password, but if you are just going to format and reinstall everything anyways, just boot up with your disc and format it that way.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:22 PM
nftuatn
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

well the home page when you turn it on has a flower in a box and says windows vista home basic on the bottom....excuse me im about cpu illiterate...but im guessing thats what you wanted to know
Old 05-27-2008, 05:36 PM
want2race
New VeeDub Owner

want2race will become famous soon enoughwant2race will become famous soon enough

if I was to try getting into a locked laptop i had forgotten or misplaced the password for, here is what I would do: hit ctrl-alt-delete, that is the administrator backdoor login. then hit enter. the default administrator for vista does not have a password usually. this SHOULD allow you to log in to the machine. then you can systematically go through and wipe everything clean.

***NOTE*** Technically, having had a car reposessed before, I know that the car is the only thing that belongs to you, even after the paperwork is completed (this applies to abandoned vehicles as well). the contents (all personal belongings) are legally still the property of the previous owner, and you are bound by law to return them to said owner. as far as the laptop goes, should you choose not to attempt to return that, the previous owner can pursue legal action against you for grand larceny (depending on the value of the laptop), not to mention the "value" of the possible intellectual property contained in said laptop.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:50 PM
Computer_Nerd
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Yeah, I'm thinking that you're about to be arrested for grand larceny, a felony, if the owner of that laptop presses charges since you know who it belongs to and somehow feel that it was yours to take simply because it was in a car.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:50 PM
nftuatn
baller/dickbutt#69

ok well control alt delete doesnt do crap...any other ideas...
Old 05-27-2008, 05:52 PM
nftuatn
baller/dickbutt#69

ok well thats good and for all yall that dont know shit legally i can sue the owners for all fees incurred in storage and processing of this vehicle....so if your willing to pay me my money then you can have this laptop...now back to the actual question...
Old 05-27-2008, 05:52 PM
kevtrinh
Registered Member

kevtrinh has disabled reputation

take computer classes
Old 05-27-2008, 05:54 PM
nftuatn
baller/dickbutt#69

Originally Posted by kevtrinh
take computer classes
get a life
Old 05-27-2008, 05:55 PM
Computer_Nerd
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Originally Posted by nftuatn
ok well thats good and for all yall that dont know shit legally i can sue the owners for all fees incurred in storage and processing of this vehicle....so if your willing to pay me my money then you can have this laptop...now back to the actual question...
Vehicle is not the same as a laptop. You are attempting to bypass security measures while it is supposed to be in your care. Same with opening a locked briefcase in a car.

Oh, and I'm on several legislative advisory committees -- I help write the laws.

Quick Reply: need help with laptop