Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

looking to buy a house: need help

Old 06-22-2008, 06:45 AM
Night Ryder
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder Night Ryder
Default looking to buy a house: need help

i thought i would ask on the boards for some help. i've been looking for a house for the last 3 years. i really need a fixer, with a two car garage in a quite established older norfolk area neighborhood(away from any apartments, townhouses or condos). i can only afford a house that costs 120k-135k and not be stressed, financially. i am looking for a single family 2 story home with, at the most 1600sqft. i tried looking at forclosures but i can't seem to grab hold. there are other people with more money than me, that can get them quicker. does anyone have a connection with a bank, for bank owned properties; or can recommend someone that can get houses cheap. any help would be appreciated.
thanks.

Last edited by Night Ryder; 06-22-2008 at 06:54 AM.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:55 AM
Brock Obama
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts
Default Re: looking to buy a house: need help

Have you talked to a realtor?
Old 06-22-2008, 08:08 AM
MORE IMPATIENT
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

good luck finding a 1600 ft, 2 car garage house in an "established" neighborhood in norfolk for 135k. that will be one tough find. if you can somehow find a divorce' whos pissed at her husband while hes off in the bahamas with his mistress who wants to sell the house for dirt cheap than youd be golden.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:12 AM
banned_user
Registered Member

banned_user is an unknown quantity at this point

i got way more sq ft then that, 3 rooms, in secluded oceanfront area though, 1 car garage, but you can park yours there, wont sell, but will rent roomds cheap, also reeber im gone 3-6months/yr for wrk
Old 06-22-2008, 08:13 AM
banned_user
Registered Member

banned_user is an unknown quantity at this point

if you can help with remodeling it'd be even cheaper
Old 06-22-2008, 08:31 AM
basketthis69
All stock. No modify

basketthis69 has disabled reputation

I know a realtor that you can talk to. Her name is Helen Henry. She is awesome. She helped me buy my house right after I turned 18. I didn't have a clue as to where to start or how to do it. She drove me to houses to see them, got me the lowest interest rate and helped negotiate the deal (as a true realtor should). I am just now starting to realize, almost 6 years down the road, how much she could have ripped me off or taken advantage of me, but SHE KEPT IT REAL. lol! But, really. She is a very good person/realtor. I have her card/contact info. PM if needed. GL
Old 06-22-2008, 12:47 PM
Carter
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

your realtor doesn't do a thing when it comes to interest rates.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:09 PM
basketthis69
All stock. No modify

basketthis69 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Carter
your realtor doesn't do a thing when it comes to interest rates.
if you knew about the relationship they have with the companies that provide loans, then you would know that they do have something to do with your interest rate... they can also throw in an extra quarter percent sometimes in their favor and the bank/loan company will pay them in return for their "favor". there's alot going on behind your back that you don't know. i suggest you get educated.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:21 PM
Twenty5psi
Registered member

Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi Twenty5psi

That is going to be a stretch for that amount of sqft, but it certainly isn't unheard of. Do some homework and certainly don't buy a money pit only because it meets your criteria. Try to hook up with a good Realtor for sure. They have MANY more contacts and leads than you ever will.