Notices
Import - EUROPE Vehicles from European manufacturers go here.

1987 BMW 325e coupe m50 non-vanos/5-lug

Old 07-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Archer
Super Secret Agent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer
Default 1987 BMW 325e coupe m50 non-vanos/5-lug

Okay guys, heres the deal. I have a couple opportunities to pick up cars now that are really interesting me (one that I've been begging the owner to sell me for years) so I've decided to let this nearly complete car go to fund it. With a minimum of work this will be a sexy sexy e30. Mechanically this car is dead solid. The only thing this car needs is paint.

Alex Topik
1987 BMW 325e coupe
odometer reads 14x,xxx miles - this is not actual. closer to 180k on body
contact me via PM
title is clear
Asking price: $7,500 OBOncluding all parts I have for the car. This includes a modified pair of taurus sideskirts and a ACS kopi rear valence (both uninstalled)
This car just received a VA inspection and emmissions. Its all good to go! I just changed the oil and it runs great.

New parts include: waterpump(metal impeller),tstat housing(metal) , new belts, new lower end seals and gaskets like oil pan and main seals, filterhousing seals, and various orings, new valve cover seals. new maf, new o2 sensor, new intake boot, new cone style air filter,new master cylinder and brake booster, new alternator. new radiator and hoses. new fan clutch, new clutch clutch. new ecu, new ansa cat back, new tierods, new strut housings, basically every suspension bushing has been replaced.

Engine/Tranny:
I have an 87 e30 with a m50 swap from an e34 5 series with 90k miles on it. The swap is currently using the stock e30 transmission and open 4.10 diff and it drives VERY well. It pulls hard through all the gears and its definitely a quick car. The swap is fairly clean, although it could use a little tiding up - brackets to hold a couple of relays that are zipties now, nothing major. It has an ansa catback exhaust and a cat. Quiet but good exhaust tone. The transmission shifts wonderfully. Very notchy and solid feeling. Probably the best feeling gearbox in an e30 I've driven.

Suspension/Steering/Brakes:
The car has a 5 lug swap using e36 front brakes, e36ti rear brakes/hubs, 97 m3 control arms, M3 struts/shocks and cosmos (ebay) springs. The brakes all have good life left on them and stop car very well. great improvement over stock brakes. The powersteering rack is leaking a little bit. It may be repairable, but it barely leaks at all. Maybe 1 small drop over the course of several days.

Exterior:
The car is converted to 89+ plastic bumpers and front valence with fogs/brake ducts. These are generally the more sought after bumpers as they look great. I recently installed a shaved front valence with iS front lip and RyanG iS front splitter. The fogs are in good condition but could use some new laminex covers. Wingless debadged trunklid. The front roundel is in rought shape and the car does have a few dings and dents. The biggest problem is the clear coat chipping on the driver side rear quarter panel. Car will come with uninstalled modified Taurus sideskirts and ACS kopi rear valence. Brand new euro trim from tischer was just installed. BMP front license plate delete.

Tires/Wheels:
17x8 M contour replicas. Front has brand new tires, Rears are worn but still have a good amount of tread left.

Audio: The car currently has a decent eclipse deck in it with diamond audio speakers and some sort of amp. I'm not into car audio but it sounds pretty good to me. The amp is connected and I have it tied down in the trunk, could use a neater mounting job.

Interior: Car has the very desireable black houndstooth interior. Both the door cards, carpets and back seats are in great condition! The under steering wheel trim is somewhat broken, but I should be able to get it reinstalled with better hardware. The knob for turning the manual sunroof has broken off but these are very easy to replace. I was honestly going to remove everything and just toss a CF sunroof on. Has a nice steering wheel of unknown brand with a quick release hub. Also currently has a set of period correct recaro race seats in it. They are from an early VW GTi and are quite comfortable.

All in all this car drives like a beast and is very very solid.

I'm motivated to sell this car quickly as I've found a deal on another car I've wanted for a long time that I'd be silly not to jump on. If you are remotely interested get with me and we may be able to work something out.

Pictures: Note - car comes w/ m contours not m systems

Car is a bit dirty but you get the idea.

Please contact me if you have any questions. I am a motiviated seller as I have a couple sedans I'm looking at right now. I wasn't going to sell this car but have realized that I just need something bigger w/ four doors.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:54 PM
duhafnusa4
Registered member

duhafnusa4 has disabled reputation
Default Re: 1987 BMW 325e coupe m50 non-vanos/5-lug

wanna trade?

https://www.vadriven.com/forums/show...73#post4235273
Old 07-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Archer
Super Secret Agent

No thanks - I really need to pick up a wagon or a sedan. I'm also looking for something RWD.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:56 PM
duhafnusa4
Registered member

duhafnusa4 has disabled reputation

i feel ya GLWTS
Old 07-08-2008, 07:58 PM
Archer
Super Secret Agent

Thanks - best of luck selling your integra as well! It looks really clean just not my cup of tea.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:55 PM
Archer
Super Secret Agent

I know someone wants a sick e30. I can take more pictures upon request.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:03 PM
nftuatn
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

trade with a little cash on my end?
1983 porsche 944 2dr coupe
110,1XX orig miles and family owned before I got it (owned by a police officer in Lanexa Va *in his 50's* and got it from his dad.)
4cyl
5 speed (clutch grabs nice )
Black ext
Gray interior (cracks in dash and wear on driver seatBBS rims w/ new tires all the way around.

Car is almost 100% original and has been very, very well maintained. I got it to build and setup as a auto-cross car and w/ the wife-e being prego its just not gonna happen. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Car has never been wrecked and is in great shape!!!!! The only problem that the car has, and the previous owner told me about it, there is a eletrical thermostat on the side of the radiator and it is broken. It controls the temp guage and the secondary fan, I just plug it in before I take it for long trips. NEVER had any problems with it overheating

PICS!!!

[/QUOTE]
Old 07-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Archer
Super Secret Agent

Really nice looking 944. Unfortunately I really need to get either a 4 door or a wagon - otherwise I'd just keep my e30.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:56 PM
UltimateCarSpa
Registered Member

UltimateCarSpa can only hope to improve

pm
Old 07-09-2008, 08:14 PM
Archer
Super Secret Agent