Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Best place for wheel powdercoating in Roanoke?

Old 07-17-2008, 11:31 AM
1.8tizzle
Top Down

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1.8tizzle has disabled reputation
Default Best place for wheel powdercoating in Roanoke?

Where do you all go for powdercoating around here? I found 2 places, just seeing what the consensus is.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:46 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: Best place for wheel powdercoating in Roanoke?

I would say Jeremy but he won't return my phone calls to do the rest of my parts... Gary says he's stopped powdercoating for the time being.

There are a few good places in Roanoke though. I've seen lots of good products come out of Twist & Turns in downtown Roanoke, and I've heard good things about the place in the downtown Vinton area that powdercoats, but I don't think I've seen anything they've done personally.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:34 PM
Cosmo
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Vinton Fab & Welding.

The guy there is a friend of mine. They have done many, many things for me.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:39 PM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by Cosmo
Vinton Fab & Welding.

The guy there is a friend of mine. They have done many, many things for me.
Sounds kinky!
Old 07-17-2008, 12:49 PM
LLama
Unconfirmed User

LLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
I would say Jeremy but he won't return my phone calls to do the rest of my parts... Gary says he's stopped powdercoating for the time being.

There are a few good places in Roanoke though. I've seen lots of good products come out of Twist & Turns in downtown Roanoke, and I've heard good things about the place in the downtown Vinton area that powdercoats, but I don't think I've seen anything they've done personally.
Remember when everyone used to endorse this guy and hop his nuts because he got screwed in life and had kids, and everyone should give him all of their business because he's a nice guy in need... now he won't do work that's thrown at him? From what I've seen he does GREAT work for GREAT prices. Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong dude, or was this his story?
Old 07-17-2008, 01:24 PM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by LLama
Remember when everyone used to endorse this guy and hop his nuts because he got screwed in life and had kids, and everyone should give him all of their business because he's a nice guy in need... now he won't do work that's thrown at him? From what I've seen he does GREAT work for GREAT prices. Maybe I'm thinking of the wrong dude, or was this his story?
I don't think he has kids but I'm not really sure... There were a lot of people endorsing his service but I think it was just to help put some money in his pockets. I had him do my passenger pegs for my bike, but never got a chance to really get anything major to him to powdercoat.

I mean, he's doing it out of his basement, so it's not a full time job or main source of income for them. I'm assuming he just doesn't have the time or maybe even the desire to powdercoat anything at the moment. Who knows? I just wish he'd call or write sometime regardless of that. lol
Old 07-17-2008, 04:17 PM
The1amradio
Registered Member

The1amradio has disabled reputation

I know some guys with some work done by him. I had some wheels quoted and they came out to be the best price, hands down... http://teamtrailblazer.com/showthread.php?t=141&page=16 here are some stuff he's done, but I don't know how to get in touch with him.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:39 PM
TNGChris
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Twists N Turns did a bunch of stuff for my bike.i'm happy.
Chris
Old 07-18-2008, 06:31 AM
ded
slo truk

ded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond reputeded has a reputation beyond repute

Jeremy did a bunch of stuff for my old setup and it came out great. He couldn't fit the larger pieces in his old oven (he has a larger one now) so I had Twist & Turns do those, and they also came out great. So I'd say if you can't get a hold of Jeremy, then take it to T&T.

Everything on the engine, manifold, brackets, valve covers, were done by Jeremy (and grille inserts), rad support and wheels were done by T&T:

Old 07-18-2008, 06:46 AM
sidewaysfox
Registered Member

sidewaysfox is an unknown quantity at this point

I need some kirky seats...

Quick Reply: Best place for wheel powdercoating in Roanoke?