Notices
Events Look here for all and any upcoming events that you can attend.

NOPI Nationals in ATL replacement

Old 07-22-2008, 02:49 PM
orangejuice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
orangejuice orangejuice orangejuice orangejuice orangejuice orangejuice orangejuice orangejuice orangejuice orangejuice orangejuice
Default NOPI Nationals in ATL replacement

Didn't know if anyone else knew about this or not,quoted from another forum.

Even though NOPI has cancelled their biggest event of the past 20 years, AMS is still going to have it. They will be hosting it themselves with the help of the locals. You can still look forward to drifting, car show, drag racing and array of other activities. Specifics are being discussed and will be released shortly. Please keep your calendar empty for the 3rd weekend in Sept. as usual! I will post more when the details become available. Please keep in mind this was a shock to the venue and your patience is appreciated while they sort out the details.

If you have any suggestion on sponsors (or want to sponsor the event) or type of things you would like to see incorporated into the event or if you would like to volunteer to work the event, let me know and I will pass along the information. Also media can contact me for now and I will see how we are to handle that. I can be reached at tracy@batlground.com

Car Club people, let me know if you are trying to come and I will see if they are planning club spots like they usually do for NOPI.

LONG STORY SHORT: EVEN THOUGH NOPI CANCELED, AMS IS STILL HAVING AN EVENT THAT WEEKEND.

Tracy

p.s. AMS stands for Atlanta Motor Speedway
some people asked
Old 07-22-2008, 04:05 PM
RPRacing
Huntin Dropa ForLife

RPRacing has disabled reputation
Default Re: NOPI Nationals in ATL replacement

drag racing has never been a part of NOPI Nationals at Atlanta.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:55 PM
orangejuice

orangejuice orangejuice orangejuice orangejuice orangejuice orangejuice orangejuice orangejuice orangejuice orangejuice orangejuice

Originally Posted by RPRacing
drag racing has never been a part of NOPI Nationals at Atlanta.
I know, from what i've read, they are going to have 1/8th mile drags like they have on friday nights there.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:08 PM
Priestiality
Hello

Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality

that's pretty cool. almost should drive 8 hours to support it just for that reason alone.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:24 PM
00_VIP_BENZ
Registered member

00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ

i went on the AMS web page and they dont say anything about a replacement show. Where did you get this info from?
Old 07-24-2008, 01:58 PM
orangejuice

Originally Posted by 1_sikteg
i went on the AMS web page and they dont say anything about a replacement show. Where did you get this info from?
www.importatlanta.com
Old 07-30-2008, 09:34 AM
00_VIP_BENZ
Registered member

00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ 00_VIP_BENZ

i emailed them and they said that they are going to have a car show but just havent released the details yet as soon as i find something out i will let you guys know
Old 07-31-2008, 09:24 AM
Uwish
I <3 my HONDA

Uwish is a name known to allUwish is a name known to allUwish is a name known to allUwish is a name known to allUwish is a name known to allUwish is a name known to all

I hope they come up with something....I have been plannning on going since last year. It was a great event.
All of the NOPI event have been Great events...It is organization that has had some of the biggest events for sport compacts, from all of the track events to the huge nationals in ATL. Its sad that it has ended.
Old 07-31-2008, 10:03 AM
SickEJ1
Representin TeamDOHC

SickEJ1 has disabled reputation

I seen where they've re-scheduled for the show in Dinnwiddie , but I don't see anything as far as racing goes....
Old 08-17-2008, 10:33 AM
TONYANJAII

TONYANJAII TONYANJAII TONYANJAII

Actually guys, the Nopi Nationals Supershow is now going to be held in Atlanta at the new Convention Center there. This is from the actual website, and registration is going live again this monday. I dont quite know how 7,000+ cars and triple the amount of people will be able to fit, but apparently the promoters have a plan. Prices are going to reduced as well, but there will be no drags, drifting, or autocross, just the bikini competiton and the cars. Here is the link to the site and announcement:http://www.nopi.com/nopims/index.php

Quick Reply: NOPI Nationals in ATL replacement