Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Owner ships Lambo from Qatar to London (and back) for oil change

Old 08-07-2008, 09:20 AM
Hybrid AWD
Your Local DSM Tech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD
Default Owner ships Lambo from Qatar to London (and back) for oil change

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/07/31/o...873x1200368606

All for a silly Lambo

A wealthy Arab man, thought to be a Sheikh, recently had his black and gold Lamborghini LP640 flown 3,250 miles to London via Qatar Airways and trucked to a certified UK Lamborghini dealership last Friday for a fluid change, which cost him a paltry £3,552 compared to the £20,000 round-trip flight. That's a grand total of £23,552 ($46,644 USD) for a friggin' oil change.

Environmentalists are obviously not pleased with the owner's wanton display of conspicuous consumption. Airport workers at Heathrow also blasted the owner's excess after watching the car get the royal treatment on the runway. One commented, "This car doesn't have a carbon footprint - more of a crater," and another pointed out that it would've been much cheaper to just fly certified Lamborghini technicians to Qatar to do the service.

This type of behavior begs the question of how far one's personal choice extends in the face of the greater good. We're told the Earth is dying beneath our feet and it's all our fault, so should a Sheikh be allowed to ship his car around the world for an oil change while the rest of us stick compact flourescent light bulbs in our lamps and wait in line to buy a Prius? Perhaps the only act that could be more environmentally egregious than this is if he just threw out his exotic and bought a new one every 3,000 miles.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:25 AM
RandomTask
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask
Default Re: Owner ships Lambo from Qatar to London (and back) for oil change

I don't see anything wrong? Dude wants to blow his money, let him. Help support the economy. 46k towards a 200k car? No worse than someone putting 5k into a 1k honda. . . all in perspective I guess. Article looks like it was written by a jealous tree hugger.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:30 AM
Kim Jong Illin

Kim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud of

fuckin lambo owners
Old 08-07-2008, 09:43 AM
TintedOutDeuce
Registered Member

TintedOutDeuce has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by racist
fuckin lambo owners
What he said.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:04 AM
I<3Strippers!
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!

i like how they say "wait in line for a prius" doesnt the batterys in the prius come from some huge mineral dig in a really fucked up country? and the supposed life span of a prius isnt even that long?
Old 08-07-2008, 10:22 AM
Terry@Fortune
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

that guy is FUCKING GANGSTA!!
Old 08-07-2008, 10:29 AM
jeremy
EMF S2K

jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy jeremy

Fuck I hate hippies
Old 08-07-2008, 10:30 AM
dc/dc
Registered member

dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc

I love it. Reminds of Rob, the British guy in the Mischief series. I believe it was before Mischief Destroy that the water pump on his Mercedes SL55 (which of course he had flown over from England) went out the day the rally was to start, and another one could not be located, so his friend removed the pump off of his SL55 and flew it over to the US so Rob could run the rally.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:10 AM
Hybrid AWD
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

Originally Posted by dc/dc
I love it. Reminds of Rob, the British guy in the Mischief series. I believe it was before Mischief Destroy that the water pump on his Mercedes SL55 (which of course he had flown over from England) went out the day the rally was to start, and another one could not be located, so his friend removed the pump off of his SL55 and flew it over to the US so Rob could run the rally.
I remember that. Didn't they install it at Titan Motorsports or something?
Old 08-07-2008, 11:12 AM
spitzbergen
Registered Member

spitzbergen has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by RandomTask
No worse than someone putting 5k into a 1k honda. . . all in perspective I guess.
Excellent Point!

Quick Reply: Owner ships Lambo from Qatar to London (and back) for oil change