Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Good electrician (car wireing)

Old 08-26-2008, 06:50 PM
Pharm0r
CrossFit KILLS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r
Default Good electrician (car wireing)

I'm having problems with my car's lights and electrical system in general. Does anyone know of a good shop or person that would be able to help me troubleshoot a '99 Firebird?

Last edited by Pharm0r; 08-26-2008 at 08:01 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:51 PM
CivicRenModelX
CRX

CivicRenModelX has disabled reputation
Default Re: Good electrician (car wireing)

What exactly is wrong at this moment in time with it?
Old 08-26-2008, 07:17 PM
Pharm0r
CrossFit KILLS

Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r Pharm0r

I cant seem to keep my popup headlights working. I've gone from stock to HIDs (which worked for about a week) and now I'm having trouble with the HIDs.

Last edited by Pharm0r; 08-26-2008 at 08:02 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:19 PM
ILLEGAL
Double Agent HT

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL

how old are you?
Old 08-26-2008, 07:24 PM
Pharm0r
CrossFit KILLS

Originally Posted by ILLEGAL
how old are you?
Not relivant.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:28 PM
ILLEGAL
Double Agent HT

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL

well we could try to explain things to you, but with the op and second post reading as if a 5 year old wrote it, the translation/explination would ultimately fall on def ears because it might as well be latin. Dont touch your car anymore, bring it to a shop and stop being cheap. Pay the money if you cant do it yourself.

I would help you, but you are to far away, and "rewireing your whole car" I doubt thats necessary unless you've been bringing it to circuit shitty to get your work done.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:36 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

So your lights wouldn't work, so you installed different lights, and they don't work either. Interesting. Any other problems? Engine not running right? Need a new engine then?

How umm.. modified is this car? 95% of the time, if there are wiring problems, someone who has no clue what they're doing has been doing something involved with the wiring. I'll bet that your problems are probably simple to solve too, like someone did a shitty stereo install and started connecting the wrong wires together, or has the dimmer or illumination connected to something it shouldn't be, or something like that. People need to stop hacking up vehicle wiring, you can ruin a perfectly good car that way, and no one will want to buy it because it's unreliable. That's just my opinion though, your mileage may vary.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:49 PM
Pharm0r
CrossFit KILLS

Originally Posted by ILLEGAL
well we could try to explain things to you, but with the op and second post reading as if a 5 year old wrote it, the translation/explination would ultimately fall on def ears because it might as well be latin. Dont touch your car anymore, bring it to a shop and stop being cheap. Pay the money if you cant do it yourself.

I would help you, but you are to far away, and "rewireing your whole car" I doubt thats necessary unless you've been bringing it to circuit shitty to get your work done.
I see where you're coming from, that's why I appoligized in my first post.

Also, I'm sure you read, I'm looking for a good shop/technician. Thus I plan on paying the money.

Unfortunatly I think whoever had my car before was taking it to circuit shitty because of my current problems.

You're welcome to help.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:55 PM
Pharm0r
CrossFit KILLS

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
So your lights wouldn't work, so you installed different lights, and they don't work either. Interesting. Any other problems? Engine not running right? Need a new engine then?

How umm.. modified is this car? 95% of the time, if there are wiring problems, someone who has no clue what they're doing has been doing something involved with the wiring. I'll bet that your problems are probably simple to solve too, like someone did a shitty stereo install and started connecting the wrong wires together, or has the dimmer or illumination connected to something it shouldn't be, or something like that. People need to stop hacking up vehicle wiring, you can ruin a perfectly good car that way, and no one will want to buy it because it's unreliable. That's just my opinion though, your mileage may vary.
Correct, except my lights DID work. Now they dont. You're engine comment is unreasonable.

The car just has bolt ons, and aftermarket head unit. (I put the boltons in, nothing to do with wireing what-so-ever) The head unit itself looks hacked in, that's why im assuming it has something to do with the stereo wireing....that and my head unit wont turn off unless i open the car door after my car is turned off.

Lets get back to the topic. Do you know of a good SHOP or electrician that can help me with my wireing problems? If so please fill me in.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:58 PM
ILLEGAL
Double Agent HT

ok, you want help, help us. YEAR/MAKE/MODEL, what lights by brand were added in. Who put in the radio. D you have an alarm or anything else added into the car at all, I.E. lights, sirens, vibrator ect?

Quick Reply: Good electrician (car wireing)