Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

In car camera mount?!

Old 09-28-2008 | 10:12 PM
jpick_aap_cpp
CPL Us Army

jpick_aap_cpp has disabled reputation
Default In car camera mount?!

I found this:
The Wedge bar

Product Overview:
“The Wedge Bar” is an in-car camera mount that mounts between your cars headrest bars. It can be positioned in virtually any direction or angle. For example, it can face forward, backwards, directly at the gauge cluster, boost gauge, or in any other position one can think of.

The product’s mounts are fully adjustable based on how high or low they are positioned on the seat posts. With the turnbuckle design the bar is very quick and easy to install. You simply get the mount close to the length you want, slide it between the seat posts and spin it up until it is snug. Then you lock down the locking nuts and mount the camera.

The mount is universal due to the fact that all cameras today use the same thread for their mounting point. The middle portion of the bar is made out of a non-smudging material that does not leave fingerprints. The bar also is very light, weighing less than one pound at 14.6 ounces. The range of The Wedge Bar is 17 ¾ in. or 45mm all the way out to 32 in. or 81mm. As long as your headrests bars are within this range The Wedge Bar will fit.
On slowboyracing.com website but $99 that seems a little high as usual with their prices, is there anywhere else to order one and who is using one already in their car?! This is going in my '91 eagle talon.
Old 09-29-2008 | 03:36 AM
cleckner04
fabricating is fun

cleckner04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: In car camera mount?!

do you think that will shake around to much. i mean the seat move and if its in a car with no head rest (racing seats) how are you going to mount that. what i would do it put a c-pillar bar in and mount it to the bottom. if its going to be a car that you haul people in the back then you can get a b-pillar bar with quick disconnects or something.
Old 09-29-2008 | 03:54 AM
jpick_aap_cpp
CPL Us Army

Nobody goes in the back of the any of my cars cause they cannot fit. Where can i find one, i'm very interested in making a purchase but thats the only one i've seen. Thanks for the reply.
Old 09-29-2008 | 08:54 AM
cleckner04
fabricating is fun

cleckner04 is an unknown quantity at this point

why dont you find a welding shop and have one made for the back of your car. i mean it cant be that hard to do. get you to flat stock about 1 1/2" X 2" and have a hole drilled in and then find a 1 1/4" steel tube and weld it to the flat stock and bolt it in where your seat belt bolts in. then you can find some kind of mount or make your own there. something like a battery box and put a hole in the bottom so you can mount your camera. just something to think about a guess.
Old 10-03-2008 | 04:33 AM
jpick_aap_cpp
CPL Us Army

Anybody else have ideas for stock seats, no cage?! Obviously with a cage theres plenty on mounting locations for a camera but that wont be until the off season.