Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

K-Swap Wiring In An EG....Car Wont Start??

Old 10-25-2008, 08:24 AM
SLOW SOL
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLOW SOL has disabled reputation
Default K-Swap Wiring In An EG....Car Wont Start??

Ok to make a long story short. I had my K-swap done in NOVA. Ran great for months. All of a sudden some days it would just not start on the first or second try. Just got nothing and maybe on the 3rd or 5th try turning the key, it would start right up.

Eventually i was in fredricksburgh when this happen and the car just wouldnt start anymore, so i called around to see what shops were in the area, and i decided on Hybrid Garage. Got the car to them, went on vacation and when i get back my car was running again. While on the phone on vacation out of the country Jon says he found the problem and there was NO wires running to my fuel pump at all, But he fixed it. THIS IS WHERE IT GETS WEIRD AND I GUESS I WILL NEVER KNOW THE TRUTH. Either way now he states the wiring was crossed not totally missing

So after i pick up my car its good for about 2 months again. Then starts doing the same thing. Also i notice whenever i go to the racetrack and i pull out my drivers side headlight for cold air and unplug the headlight, My car wont start, its just dead (this has happened all 3 times I have taken out my headlight). Also my Fuel Pump fuse in the cabin of the car, under the dash/steering wheel is hot as shit and actually is hot enough to burn my hand when i take it out.

Anybody have any clues??????

Most of you may have seen or read about most of this on the Hybrig Garage Call Out Thread

https://www.vadriven.com/forums/show...=hybrid+garage

So you know John already said he wont touch or fix my car, since i stated all the other shit that was messed up on my car so i dont want to hear everyone saying "Take it back to him for warranty he should cover it". So maybe im wrong and its not the wiring, Maybe im right and it is, but any help would be appreciated. Otherwise im gonna take it to Another Shop and get 100% proof it is or isnt and i will go after Hybrid Garage for my Money and the BBB will be hearing from me as well if it is my wiring.

Last edited by SLOW SOL; 12-30-2008 at 12:02 PM.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:46 AM
83Stang5.0
Digital Life

83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0
Default Re: K-Swap Wiring In An EG....Car Wont Start??

Most fuel pumps only have 2 wires, pos/neg. If you hook em up backwards, most pumps just run in reverse. Your car wouldn't be able to run if the pump was running in reverse.

As for the headlight thing, beats me.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:51 AM
SortaFlush
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

It sounds like a wire is shorting out somewhere in the system. Look for any cut wires, all around the car.

Your cars battery is draining down, is that what you mean by dead? Look at my thread about my charging problem. I did a whole lot of testing. Even if you aren't too mechanically inclined, you should still be able to figure it out. It will just take some time. I wish you were closer to virginia beach, I'd offer to lend a hand, I know what it feels like.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:21 PM
SLOW SOL
Registered member

Originally Posted by I spy Psi, no?
It sounds like a wire is shorting out somewhere in the system. Look for any cut wires, all around the car.

Your cars battery is draining down, is that what you mean by dead? Look at my thread about my charging problem. I did a whole lot of testing. Even if you aren't too mechanically inclined, you should still be able to figure it out. It will just take some time. I wish you were closer to virginia beach, I'd offer to lend a hand, I know what it feels like.
I can jump start it and push start it but everytime i turn it off it wont start again, I bought a brand new battery and it started right up, The next morning when i went to work it was fine but at 9pm that night when i was gonna leave work, it was dead again so i dunno. Well the fuel pump wires they had left exposed i covered up, i guess i will have to wait until the weather is better and look myself. I just dont like driving a 350HP V8 as my Daily Driver with no defrost/heat/windshield wipers. Especially when its raining like today.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:58 PM
DORKO
Bearded.

DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO

ignition switch?
Old 10-26-2008, 09:23 PM
boognghts
Registered Member

boognghts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dorko
ignition switch?
+1
Old 10-26-2008, 09:24 PM
boognghts
Registered Member

boognghts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dorko
ignition switch?
wouldn't that make the fuel pump run?

g/l
Old 10-26-2008, 11:37 PM
TurboEGferio
Registered Member

TurboEGferio is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by SLOW SOL
I can jump start it and push start it but everytime i turn it off it wont start again, I bought a brand new battery and it started right up, The next morning when i went to work it was fine but at 9pm that night when i was gonna leave work, it was dead again so i dunno. Well the fuel pump wires they had left exposed i covered up, i guess i will have to wait until the weather is better and look myself. I just dont like driving a 350HP V8 as my Daily Driver with no defrost/heat/windshield wipers. Especially when its raining like today.
Yo didnt Jerret do your install?? I would ask him about it.. I think he may work @ VIP...
Old 10-27-2008, 03:42 AM
SortaFlush
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

Originally Posted by SLOW SOL
Right, it sounds like you have a major current draw somewhere. Take a multi-meter and start looking for the draw. Pull fuses one by one and when you see the voltage stop dropping, you found what circuit your having that draw on. Remember, it could be the STUPIDEST shit you could ever think of...causing the biggest problem.
Old 10-27-2008, 02:17 PM
SLOW SOL
Registered member

Originally Posted by TurboEGferio
Yo didnt Jerret do your install?? I would ask him about it.. I think he may work @ VIP...
Yes but he is busy and doesn't have the time as of yet.

Quick Reply: K-Swap Wiring In An EG....Car Wont Start??