Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Roanoke area drifters...?

Old 11-05-2008, 08:09 AM
SinisterGOAT
B-Stags

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SinisterGOAT has disabled reputation
Default Roanoke area drifters...?

What's up guys...I've been building up a project drift car in hopes of having it ready for next season, but my question is does anyone know of any events that are closer that the ones at Pungo, VIR, etc? I don't really wanna try and invade an autox weekend and try and drift cause I'll give the cone chasers their due. I just really want to find a good venue to practice and whatnot...plus, it's a bit ballsy practicin around town with the GTO..it tends to attract some attention.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:12 AM
LLama
Unconfirmed User

LLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond reputeLLama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roanoke area drifters...?

This will be trolled in... 3... 2... 1...
Old 11-05-2008, 08:25 AM
.Sarge.
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

Handbrake driftas!!!!

In all serious though I dont have a car that would drift or konw of any place that you could practice.

Hit up Mount Akina (bent mountain). :P
Old 11-05-2008, 11:28 AM
TNGChris
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

i don't know of any driftaz around here,or events for them.basically,if you want to do it in a safe,controlled environment,you're pretty much stuck with racetracks.Summit Point and VIR are your closet choices.maybe an event held at an import race at VMP.
find an empty parking lot and drift away,or take it to an autocross or track day and learn how to actually drive
chris
Old 11-05-2008, 11:50 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

What ever happened to what's his face in Lynchburg with the red 240SX that was big into drifting? Did I imagine that? I haven't seen him on the forum in over a year probably...
Old 11-05-2008, 12:15 PM
SpoolnSRT4
Registered Member

SpoolnSRT4 has disabled reputation

A few other's in Lynchburg are into drifting but they don't post here that I know of ... Not sure what events they might go to as well ...
Old 11-05-2008, 01:00 PM
jgrubb426
Registered Member

jgrubb426 has disabled reputation

I got family from roanoke. I've been driftin for 3 yeatrs, but I'm around the Nova area. I'll hit you up whne im in the area again for a visit. It would be cool to meet up with other drifters
Old 11-05-2008, 01:38 PM
SinisterGOAT
B-Stags

SinisterGOAT has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by jgrubb426
I got family from roanoke. I've been driftin for 3 yeatrs, but I'm around the Nova area. I'll hit you up whne im in the area again for a visit. It would be cool to meet up with other drifters
yea, I wasn't sure how much of a following there was with people around here just yet, but I'm hoping it's going to get bigger. But ya man that'd be cool, I guess I'll hafta get up that way for some events...I'll definitely be ready for Hyperfest '09 tho
Old 11-06-2008, 06:56 AM
blksylv
Boost LeRoy

blksylv blksylv blksylv blksylv blksylv blksylv blksylv blksylv blksylv blksylv blksylv

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
What ever happened to what's his face in Lynchburg with the red 240SX that was big into drifting? Did I imagine that? I haven't seen him on the forum in over a year probably...
who, adrian?
Old 11-06-2008, 08:36 AM
upSLIDEdown
HIGH FIVE!

upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown upSLIDEdown

He's still here.

https://www.vadriven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253732

Quick Reply: Roanoke area drifters...?