Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

d-series head question?

Old 09-30-2003, 04:47 AM
Focal E46
Jesus bilt my hotrod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Focal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these parts
Question d-series head question?

basically... i have a d15b7 and i want to buy this si head (d16z6) but was wondering if i can put the si head on the d15b7 even though the si head has vtec and my motor doesnt. they are both sohc, im just new to this honda shit.

also if it were to work, how would i go about hooking the vtec up, i head about something in the wiring once?
Old 09-30-2003, 05:22 AM
MORE IMPATIENT
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

yes you can put the vtec head on your car, theres a little bit of wiring and oil plumbing that is involved but it is a very popular swap, and its not half bad either..........
Old 09-30-2003, 05:57 AM
Focal E46
Jesus bilt my hotrod

Focal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these parts

what do you mean oil plumbing? is there a website someone might have made that gives a detailed description on it?
Old 09-30-2003, 05:59 AM
MORE IMPATIENT
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

you need a oil line to go to the vtec solenoid.........and,i dont know if there is or not, im not a d series fanatic........talk to CHAHONDA, he can do it for you if his lazy ass feels like working, haha.......
Old 09-30-2003, 07:22 AM
sk8rmike
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

it's called a mini-me swap. look around searching with that name. very popular swap. chahonda does a damn good job at them as well.
Old 09-30-2003, 07:23 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

yeah mike (chahonda) can get it done for you no problem. but you dont need to run an oil line to the vtec solenoid. its basically just bolt it in, run an activation switch to the solenoid and the distributor and then go. BUT, ill guarantee you this, unless you rebuild your motor to AT LEAST honda oe specs, and get a decent clutch, it will go boom. honda d series motor have very weak rods. trust me i know, ive done this swap before. they are killer while they run, but unless you put some effort into them, they wont run for long. what year civic is the d15b7 in? ef or eg?
Old 09-30-2003, 07:34 AM
Focal E46
Jesus bilt my hotrod

its in an eg 92.... but your saying i have to change my rods if i do the head swap? how much does chahonda charge for doing the head swap?
Old 09-30-2003, 07:41 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

you have to talk to him about that. im not saying you have do, but when you do the head swap, youre compression will bump up between 10.5:1 and 11:1. stock should only be like ~9.2:1, so a decent rebuild on the bottom end would just be smart. its really all up to you. if you plan on doing a B series swap later, then i say go for it now, youll have something a lot quicker than stock, and when it blows up, just gives you an excuse to swap to a B series.
Old 09-30-2003, 08:05 AM
CHAHONDA
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

of course i can do the mini-me conversion! hell i have done lots of them!!

granted they do run very well, there is no guarantee as to how long it will last. the 1.5 rods are very weak and cant take alot of abuse!

you do have to wire an msd rpm switch or have the car wired for the correct vtec ecu and have the corresponding fuel and ignition maps. an easy way to activate vtec is to get an msd rpm switch and the correct rpm pill to activate the vtec selonoid.

in the d15 block there is also an oil control jet that must be removed for vtec to funtion properly.

if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Old 09-30-2003, 08:09 AM
CHAHONDA
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

Originally posted by MORE IMPATIENT
........talk to CHAHONDA, he can do it for you if his lazy ass feels like working, haha.......
shut the hell up fag boy!!

Quick Reply: d-series head question?