Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

My TT build thread

Old 01-29-2009 | 05:39 PM
tie fitr
Full Retard

tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr
Default My TT build thread

Well after having an exhaust valve problem in my last motor I decided to do the responsible thing and build a completely new motor and sell the KB. Replacing it with a Hellion twin 61mm kit. Thanks to Mauro at Vitale Motorsports building one this past summer and making me very jealous! The build got off to a slow start because I was working a ton of OT to be able to afford all this stuff, but it is finally starting to come together.

I was gonn use my block, crank, and rods, along with some new JE pistons, then as time went by Mauro came across a great deal on another block and crank with Billet Oliver rods, and a set of coated JE pistons, so I jumped on it, even though it ended up setting me back time wise even more.
Since the block had been sitting for a couple years, we had George Coleman deburr and dust the cylinder walls on the .020 block.

Heres the super cool pistons and rods. They should be able to handle anything I throw at them.

We put an oil drain back kit on the bottom from Livernois to help keep the oil where it's supposed to be. The crank is known for drawing in oil from the factory drains on the drivers side, and pressurizing the passenger side preventing it from returning to the pan. The drain back tubes get it past the crank. I'm also using a Melling oil pump since I've read about too many people having problems with the FRPP pumps.
(sorry for the crappy cell pics)

I went with a new set of castings from Livernois. These are stage II heads with their springs. Supposed to flow around 310 cfm on the intake side.

Exhaust

I went with a custom set of Comp cams that were spec'd for the twins by Modular Performance. Jason Steen assembled most of the motor and degreed the cams. One of the intake cams were right on, and one was 2* off.

Had to clearance the hold downs for the lift of the cams, even though they are only a 475 lift.

I'm using the factory lower intake from my car and had Jason port match the intake to allow the heads to do their thing.

I sat the lower intake and upper intake on the motor to see how it would look. I'm trying out the Procharger sheet metal upper. Top end power should not be a problem with it!

Last edited by tie fitr; 01-29-2009 at 06:14 PM.
Old 01-29-2009 | 05:40 PM
tie fitr
Full Retard

tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr
Default Re: My TT build thread

This has been my cars home for a few months now.

Here are a couple other cars with stock motors getting ready to hit the streets also!

The red one is a Saleen with a Cobra 4V swapped into it and a 5 speed. The gray one is a Cobra with a built Lentech in it. Both should be pretty nasty as well.

Hopefully when I get back from PA next week I will get the accessories put on and the tranny bolted up to drop back in the car. Then I'll work on the fuel system install, then the turbos.
Old 01-29-2009 | 05:54 PM
idkmybffEM1ly
uhh.. what?

idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly

Old 01-29-2009 | 05:59 PM
WutupYo
GLHF

WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo

holy santa claus shit
Old 01-29-2009 | 06:07 PM
91 Hatch
SSSSSVT

91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch 91 Hatch

good to see that most of the cars down are getting back on the road again
Old 01-29-2009 | 06:14 PM
NVR KNO
What's next?

NVR KNO NVR KNO NVR KNO NVR KNO NVR KNO NVR KNO NVR KNO NVR KNO NVR KNO NVR KNO NVR KNO

Finally....

Glad to see it almost done!
Old 01-29-2009 | 06:19 PM
philville
Registered member

philville philville philville philville philville philville philville philville philville philville philville

sexy
Old 01-29-2009 | 06:23 PM
Cobra4B
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

I'm having trouble visualizing how the DOHC setup actuates the valves... are there rocker arms of some kind? I thought hte cam rode directly on top of the valves? I'm seeing random valves in the center fo the head? And damn that's a lot of chain... never really realized there were 2 main chains and 2 smaller chains... that's lots of chain!
Old 01-29-2009 | 06:27 PM
tie fitr
Full Retard

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
[

I'm having trouble visualizing how the DOHC setup actuates the valves... are there rocker arms of some kind? I thought hte cam rode directly on top of the valves? I'm seeing random valves in the center fo the head? And damn that's a lot of chain... never really realized there were 2 main chains and 2 smaller chains... that's lots of chain!
Ya, they do ride right over the valves, I just havent slid the followers back in yet.
Old 01-29-2009 | 06:28 PM
shoez
VIVA LA FRONTERA

shoez shoez shoez shoez shoez shoez shoez shoez shoez shoez shoez

You have recieved: Rep.

Quick Reply: My TT build thread