Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Salvage titles

Old 01-31-2009, 03:12 PM
93celicaowner
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
93celicaowner has disabled reputation
Default Salvage titles

How hard/exspensive is it to convert a salvage va title to a clean title? is it worth it? if the car is now in perfect running condition what are the set backs

thanks
Old 01-31-2009, 03:27 PM
Jarrod
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod
Default Re: Salvage titles

What is the reason it was salvaged?

Also, DMV has this information on their website.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:44 PM
nftuatn
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

most of the time it will always say salvaged on it...

i have bought cars with out of state salvage titles and processed them in va and they come back clean...

but if its a va salvage then it will most likely always be salvaged...
Old 01-31-2009, 08:41 PM
SPAWN
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nftuatn
most of the time it will always say salvaged on it...

i have bought cars with out of state salvage titles and processed them in va and they come back clean...

but if its a va salvage then it will most likely always be salvaged...
wait....really??? so if my car is or was "salvaged" in California, than there IS a way to have it clean in Va???
Old 01-31-2009, 08:44 PM
elambz
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz

Originally Posted by SPAWN
wait....really??? so if my car is or was "salvaged" in California, than there IS a way to have it clean in Va???
The best part is, people don't ever mention the fact that it had a salvaged title in another state when selling it. Infact I know of one car specifically that is for sale right now that had a salvaged title in another state, and when the new owner transferred title to VA, it become clean magically. He hasn't mentioned that once in his for sale thread, and I'm sure MANY others are the same way.

Ask The Real Ryan about "clean" titles and collecting on insurance. His car had a clean title until it was declared a total loss and he was collecting on it, then his insurance company said "hey, this car had a salvaged title previously" and killed some value on it.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:46 PM
nftuatn
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

ive done a 95 gs300
a 02 is300
and a 02 eclipse

the gs was maryland salvaged
the is was jersey salvaged
the eclipse was florida with a certifiacation of rebuild sticker on it...

bought them all with fucked up titles and had to process thru my shop and they all came back with clean titles...ive never ran carfaxs on them...im sure that will still exist but the title itself doesnt say salvaged anymore...

i dont know why or how but they did...
Old 01-31-2009, 09:08 PM
RCR Roscoe
Body In Trunk.

RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute

if you repair the damage specified and have it checked by an inspector with dmv you can have the title switched to a standard. the history will remain that it was once salvaged but you will be able to register it as a roadworthy vehicle again. its not that big of a deal. regular people can do it, its just alot easier if your a licensed salvage rebuilder. all the info is available at dmvnow.com (va) other side of that, some cars come with a nonrepairable certificate. you cant retitle those legally period.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:34 PM
Jarrod
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by Queen Latifah
The best part is, people don't ever mention the fact that it had a salvaged title in another state when selling it. Infact I know of one car specifically that is for sale right now that had a salvaged title in another state, and when the new owner transferred title to VA, it become clean magically. He hasn't mentioned that once in his for sale thread, and I'm sure MANY others are the same way.

Ask The Real Ryan about "clean" titles and collecting on insurance. His car had a clean title until it was declared a total loss and he was collecting on it, then his insurance company said "hey, this car had a salvaged title previously" and killed some value on it.
Yeah, just think. That coulda been my Si ya'll totaled.
I'm the one that brought that to Ryan's attention. Sorry he had to experience that though.

Now, if Ryan woulda called his insurance adjuster and broguth the car to them to inspect. They woulda noted that the car was in EXCELLENT condition and would have given him the money he deserved. He waited till it was wrecked to argue that.

Buying this salvaged car and rebuilding it has taught me alot about all this mumbo jumbo.
Hopefully I can rebuild it properly.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:03 PM
Broke B16
-Rep Legion

Broke B16 has disabled reputation

I think about it like this, even if it is salvaged & you know why & its not a big deal to you... Who cares? You modify a car anyways just to end up not getting anything for it end the end when you try to sell it all modified. So in the end, I'd say your saving yourself money on buying a salvaged car to modify.

Sorry if that was sorta off topic.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:56 PM
93celicaowner
Registered Member

93celicaowner has disabled reputation

yea turns out that in va they didnt consider it a salvage title and yea im fine with it having been a salvage cuz im gonna modify it anyways.

Quick Reply: Salvage titles